Couldn't stay away...

Wow.. thanks for the kind words! @Craigwyatt I am mostly using my Cannon T3i. But there are some phone pics as well.

He finally came out to get some sun.
20160705_155231.jpg

This was taken with my Samsung Galaxy S7

Uummmm, excuse me.... sir? I'll take another super worm please...
View attachment 161924

I seriously cannot HANDLE this photo!! Amazing picture and a beautiful boy! We just rescued a veiled chamie that was dumped outside our vet's office - she's a long time friend. We've never had chameleons before, but have housed many a gargoyle gecko and a few other small reptiles here and there. This place helped us so much in our quest for finding the proper info on how to care for our new friend! Although, I tend to be a bit of a worry-wart and convinced myself that something was wrong with him - our vet did a house call (the perks of being friends with one!) and they did another fecal sample and told me to cool it, that Custard was fine and probably just slightly stressed from being dumped at their office and moved into a new enclosure (and all the handling that ensued from there to here). Either way, this forum has provided me with a wealth of knowledge - it really is amazing.. And viewing adorable cham pics like your's truly is just the icing on the cake! :LOL::love:

Your post also gave me a good insight into how quickly they grow! Our guy was given an age range of 4-5 months so I'm expecting some changes soon. He already had a good shed.

Sorry I hijacked your post to talk about my little rescue friend briefly, I can't help it. Thanks SO much for sharing! It also inspired me to take some pics of my guy as he grows - I clearly need new ones as my avatar shows my guy in his substrate lined hell-hole!

Your guy really is a beauty.. what's his name? Did I somehow miss it?

So I have noticed lately that there appears to be some bite marks in the Pothos plant (see photo below). Should I remove the plant as I know Pothos are mildly toxic if ingested. My boy isn't devouring it by any means, but I don't want to cause any unnecessary health problems. Your thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance...

July - 20.jpg

Personally, I wouldn't remove it unless your guy was really devouring the plant. I find little "V" cuts in my pothos as well, and have not seen any issues. You may want to offer some fresh greens hanging from a clip in his enclosure. I have done this and found my veiled loves to munch on occasion. I even leave some small pieces in his feeder bowl at times and if he is in the mood he will go down for a salad :D.

Got him from a local pet shop. Would have loved to grab one from a breeder, but After looking for a while I was unable to locate one. "Big Als Aquarium Services" is where I picked him up. I have been dealing with the guys there for about 15 years now, usually for feeders and things like that. They have even bought many live creatures from me over the years as well.

I just came across this thread now as I am addicted to this forum now. I'm not getting much else done unfortunately and I don't even have a cham yet. lol

I used to visit many Big Al shops when I was living in Toronto and into the African cichlid and then the saltwater aquarium hobby. I would check out their ads in the newspaper every weekend (that was the time when people still read newspapers and yes, I am that old) for their specials just to have an excuse to go there. Their regular prices were generally more than the other fish shops but sometimes you would see something priced right or something you just 'had' to have. :)

Now to continue reading your thread. I enjoy reading these progress report threads. Thanks for keeping it up to date.

So I decided that my Cham had grown quite a bit in the first month that I have had him and it was time to get him out of a glass / screen enclosure, and into a bigger full screen set up.
He was pretty pissed at me for taking him out as he has recently become a little aggressive. Posturing to me every time I put my hand near him.
Here is a pic of him out on his free range while I was setting up his new enclosure. First time I have seen him display the black spots..
pissed10.jpg

Here is the new set up.
juvi_c10.jpg

I built a stand at work that it sits on. The stand is 6" high so I am able to put a wash bin under it for drainage. Super happy that I only need to dump the bin every few days now.

He was pretty grumpy for a few days in his new home. However he seems to be coming around now. Looking a lot more relaxed yesterday afternoon. He spent the first day climbing all over the screen (drives me nuts). lol..

Thanks for looking!
J.
Nice set up. What did you do to make those horizontal branches stay in those positions, did you use thumb tacks at the ends through the screen? If so, does it cause any damage to the screen or is the screen very strong that it has no impact to it? Thanks.

I'm glad you asked about the pink/tan on the casque and the eye crests... because my boy has it also. He is 4 months old.(y)

This might be a silly question but do you keep another cage outside of your home or do you transport the cage out somehow?

For now I am just carrying his enclosure outside. I am in the process of building a custom enclosure for him. When it is complete, this screen enclosure will become his outside spot.

Nice set up. What did you do to make those horizontal branches stay in those positions, did you use thumb tacks at the ends through the screen? If so, does it cause any damage to the screen or is the screen very strong that it has no impact to it? Thanks.

I did use thumbtacks at first. Didn't do too much damage to the screen. I now use neodium magnets to hold everything in place. Leaves no damage at all and can easily be re positioned.

and yeah... I get the Big Als flyer emailed to me weekly.

I now use neodium magnets to hold everything in place.
Do you stick a thumbtack into the branch and attach that to a neodium magnet on the outside of the cage or do you somehow insert a neodium magnet into the branch and attach that to another neodium magnet on the outside of the cage? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom