Couldn't stay away...

KapitalJ

Avid Member
Well, I have been lurking here for quite some time now. I decided to make an account yesterday.
I used to have a couple veilds about 8-9 years ago. As life changes I got into other hobbies, family... life.. but I never lost my love for these lil guys...

So happy to have this guy with me. I truly missed watching them... He has been in my care for 2 weeks now. Eating great, already had a shed, doing his "business" regularly and he is super friendly.

yoshi10.jpg

img_5010.jpg

img_5011.jpg

img_5012.jpg

I haven't been able to get that many pics yet, he gets shy when staring down the barel of my DSLR lens!
Hope you enjoy.
Thanks for looking.

Got him from a local pet shop. Would have loved to grab one from a breeder, but After looking for a while I was unable to locate one. "Big Als Aquarium Services" is where I picked him up. I have been dealing with the guys there for about 15 years now, usually for feeders and things like that. They have even bought many live creatures from me over the years as well.

Great looking cham! :) Can't wait to watch him develop. Thanks for sharing and thanks for no longer "lurking" :D.

Just another shot of my boy.... He coloured up a little after I offered him my hand to climb on... Was taking him out to put in his free range spot while I cleaned out his cage..

yoshi_17.jpg

My phone lens is broken, not a very clear pic. Black spots are from my phone lens..

So I decided that my Cham had grown quite a bit in the first month that I have had him and it was time to get him out of a glass / screen enclosure, and into a bigger full screen set up.
He was pretty pissed at me for taking him out as he has recently become a little aggressive. Posturing to me every time I put my hand near him.
Here is a pic of him out on his free range while I was setting up his new enclosure. First time I have seen him display the black spots..
pissed10.jpg

Here is the new set up.
juvi_c10.jpg

I built a stand at work that it sits on. The stand is 6" high so I am able to put a wash bin under it for drainage. Super happy that I only need to dump the bin every few days now.

He was pretty grumpy for a few days in his new home. However he seems to be coming around now. Looking a lot more relaxed yesterday afternoon. He spent the first day climbing all over the screen (drives me nuts). lol..

Thanks for looking!
J.

I love the soft pink/tan coloring on his casque and eye crests.... Does it have to do with the fact that he has some of the "translucent" gene in him? Or is it just something that commonly occurs? :cautious:

Thanks in advance for any help...

Back
Top Bottom