Cleaning Terrarium

mhfan305

I want to clean the animals terrarium once a week. Is this ok, will this stress the animal out too much if I take him out once a week? I would want to do a deep cleaning, taking the plants out and washing the terrarium, cleaning branches, rocks, etc. The main part is the feces that will probably accumulate on the terrariums carpet. That is why I want to clean it every week to wash that nasty carpet. Will the animal become too stressed if I take him out to clean once a week.

It probably depends on your Chameleon. Some get more stressed than others. I clean my enclosure completely once weekly and clean out fecal matter daily. My veiled does not seem bothered by this, but I also take him out frequently.

Alright, I'll just try my best with him and clean it once a week. I need to invest in some tongs for the spot cleaning...

Your cham will probably be "happier" and have a better sense of well being with a clean enclosure. I use tongs myself to pick off the leaves with poop on them. Then I have an old aquarium tank I will put my kinyongia vossellri inside of for a few minutes with some vines/leaves while I do a thorough clean once a week. He will get use to this routine but make it just that, a routine and stick to it. I personally do the big clean every sunday as that is when I have the most time.

Back
Top Bottom