Chameleon eye closed

What form of vitamin A is in the vitamins you use?

What shots did the vet give the chameleon?

The basking temperature…is it 80F where the chameleon sits to bask?

I would move the cage away from the window because of the climate you live in. Does he gape at all or sit with his mouth open? Is the saliva thick and stringy?

Clearer photos of the chameleon might help. His eyes don’t look good…but I’m not good with figuring out what’s wrong with them. They need to be seen by a good chameleon vet…IMHO.

What colour are his urates? White or orangey or slightly orangey?

I would move the cage away from the window because of the climate you live in. Does he gape at all or sit with his mouth open? Is the saliva thick and stringy?

Clearer photos of the chameleon might help. His eyes don’t look good…but I’m not good with figuring out what’s wrong with them. They need to be seen by a good chameleon vet…IMHO.

His mouth is never open unless he is drinking the saliva dosent seem to be stringy or thick. Urates are slightly orangey and the shots were I think vitamins b and iron the vitamin b might have been a multivitamin I can’t remember and yes that is the temperature for the basking but the vet said it should be at 90

Hi. Your tall plant has very shiny leaves. Just wondering where you got it and your other plants from and if you washed or repotted them before using.

His mouth is never open unless he is drinking the saliva dosent seem to be stringy or thick. Urates are slightly orangey and the shots were I think vitamins b and iron the vitamin b might have been a multivitamin I can’t remember and yes that is the temperature for the basking but the vet said it should be at 90
Im not a vet but I’m just gonna put this out there 90 is way too hot for your little dude regardless of his health he should be basking at 80 and ambient temperature in the low 70s during the day and night temps between 60-65 these temps are crucial to his health and development. Even a vet might not give correct info. You might get a second opinion and it’s financially draining but you might just go ahead do that get another opinion from a more experienced vet if you can.

Im not a vet but I’m just gonna put this out there 90 is way too hot for your little dude regardless of his health he should be basking at 80 and ambient temperature in the low 70s during the day and night temps between 60-65 these temps are crucial to his health and development. Even a vet might not give correct info. You might get a second opinion and it’s financially draining but you might just go ahead do that get another opinion from a more experienced vet if you can.
That’s what I thought but yeah I wanna do everything for him just not sure where else I could go

What kind of plant is it/what are all of the plants inside of the enclosure
There is pothos plants and the bigger one is a Sheffelepa soemthing like that and the smaller one is a type of fern I think I looked all the plants up before I got them

I’m not sure how helpful this will be, but I thought I’d throw it out there. I just went back over your first post. My guy was closing his eye and rubbing it on his branches recently. Also didn’t seem sunk in or anything else to be wrong. I also thought something was in his eye, would drop saline on it and it would solve it for a very short time. I ended up increasing his misting length from 2 min to 3 min and switching his multivitamin from reptivite to the repashy brand. The reptivite did not seem to stick well to his bugs and the repashy is much better. It took about 2 cycles of the new vitamin to fully resolve, but I did notice an immediate difference.

I’m not sure how helpful this will be, but I thought I’d throw it out there. I just went back over your first post. My guy was closing his eye and rubbing it on his branches recently. Also didn’t seem sunk in or anything else to be wrong. I also thought something was in his eye, would drop saline on it and it would solve it for a very short time. I ended up increasing his misting length from 2 min to 3 min and switching his multivitamin from reptivite to the repashy brand. The reptivite did not seem to stick well to his bugs and the repashy is much better. It took about 2 cycles of the new vitamin to fully resolve, but I did notice an immediate difference.
Thank you very much I will try that but he is also not eating now and I’m not sure how to go about fixing that

Thank you very much I will try that but he is also not eating now and I’m not sure how to go about fixing that
I will let others with more experience chime in on this one. As I said before, I’m still within my first year caring for these guys and I have no experience with the little ones like you have. All I can say is this is one of the best places to be for help. The lovely people here helped pull my guy from certain death last year when I got him. There is a list of recommended vets on here. Maybe check that out and see if one is close to you for a second opinion?

I will let others with more experience chime in on this one. As I said before, I’m still within my first year caring for these guys and I have no experience with the little ones like you have. All I can say is this is one of the best places to be for help. The lovely people here helped pull my guy from certain death last year when I got him. There is a list of recommended vets on here. Maybe check that out and see if one is close to you for a second opinion?
Yeah I checked out the list the problem is the one that is closest on the list is open at times while I’m in school or at work that’s why I called around and got recommended where I went. Thank you though I hope they can save my little guy

I agree with @Gloriawood I would check the list and get him seen again. It could save your guy from the worst. I don’t have much experience either but I’m still wondering what is he offered to eat and what are you gutloading them with.

Yeah I checked out the list the problem is the one that is closest on the list is open at times while I’m in school or at work that’s why I called around and got recommended where I went. Thank you though I hope they can save my little guy
Do you maybe have someone who could take him in for you? I know it isnt ideal, but if you have someone you could trust maybe you could set an appointment, load the little one in a closed box and have them bring him in? If you set up a small box with a branch and can close it (with air holes obviously) it will be dark and he can just sleep will his appointment. He would be ok for a bit like that. I drive mine 2 hours one way so he ends up sleeping allll day in his box.

Attachments

• IMG_4010.jpeg
    IMG_4010.jpeg
    114.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4011.jpeg
    IMG_4011.jpeg
    82.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4012.jpeg
    IMG_4012.jpeg
    72.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4016.jpeg
    IMG_4016.jpeg
    85.9 KB · Views: 14
I agree with @Gloriawood I would check the list and get him seen again. It could save your guy from the worst. I don’t have much experience either but I’m still wondering what is he offered to eat and what are you gutloading them with.
I have black soldier fly larvae Dubia roaches and I had silkworms before they are gutloaded with collared greens a piece of a carrot and of a mango

Back
Top Bottom