Cham eats lizard

Well, you guys know that sometimes you have to cull hatchlings because they are malformed or too sickly, right? I see more point in making them food than just crushing them under a brick. Cycle of life thing.

Thats how I see it. Im not feeding off ones that have a chance of a good life, they are clearly not going to make it. Its just like feeding a rat to a snake, anole to a cham and so on.

Chuck, I think abortion should be legal until the age of 18:eek:

Herc like panther baby. Herc like anything.

Attachments

• parsonii party 001.jpg
    parsonii party 001.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 140
Ive fed weak panther offspring back to their parents.

I do understand that a lot of people are upset by this. It is not something I could do personally. But there is a reason we advise people to get babies away for parents. How many times have you seen someone say get those Jackson babies out asap or they will be eaten? I also know a lot of the chameleon companies we buy from do it, it is all a matter of choice for each to decide.

My attorney advised against details.
Wait for the book!

Herc like panther baby. Herc like anything.

Lmao! Thread is officially headed back UPhill!

I do understand that a lot of people are upset by this. It is not something I could do personally. But there is a reason we advise people to get babies away for parents. How many times have you seen someone say get those Jackson babies out asap or they will be eaten? I also know a lot of the chameleon companies we buy from do it, it is all a matter of choice for each to decide.

Personally I am not upset by this at all, I just simply wouldnt do this. I can euthanize for free if it ever came down to it. Now if he was using all hatchlings for feeding it would be different, but he is not.

Herc could eat a school bus, he is like godzilla! :D

Im sorry but feeding sickly baby panthers to their parents is just disgusting and you should be keeping things like that to yourself! Crushing them under a brick? WTF? You know if you put them in a freezer in a box they just fall asleep with the cold and die and is relatively painless yeah? Just a thought.

Anyone ate a chameleon?
Im sure there are people that have.
I wonder how they taste.
Ive had snake, and it was not bad.
I imagine theres little meat on most, Herc on the other hand...

Herc could eat a school bus, he is like godzilla! :D

Im sorry but feeding sickly baby panthers to their parents is just disgusting and you should be keeping things like that to yourself! Crushing them under a brick? WTF? You know if you put them in a freezer in a box they just fall asleep with the cold and die and is relatively painless yeah? Just a thought.

This is a myth, and completely cruel and painful. You don't just go to sleep when you freeze to death, you feel the pain of your blood crystallizing in your veins and tissues. And you can't just asphyxiate a reptile in a CO2 chamber, because they have been found to survive fairly well with out oxygen for extended periods of time. So for many people, the fastest and most humane way of killing a reptile without the assistance of a vet is to crush their heads in a second. They don't feel it and you don't prolong their suffering.

But to be clear, freezing is probably the cruelest thing you can do to euthanize a reptile.

This is a myth, and completely cruel and painful. You don't just go to sleep when you freeze to death, you feel the pain of your blood crystallizing in your veins and tissues. And you can't just asphyxiate a reptile in a CO2 chamber, because they have been found to survive fairly well with out oxygen for extended periods of time. So for many people, the fastest and most humane way of killing a reptile without the assistance of a vet is to crush their heads in a second. They don't feel it and you don't prolong their suffering.

But to be clear, freezing is probably the cruelest thing you can do to euthanize a reptile.

Really? I was told once that is the best way. I never realised it was painful for them. Just as well ive never had to do it, but i nearly did once when i knew 1 was going to die. She died overnight, but i was gonna do it the next day. I feel kinda bad for thinking bout doing it now! :eek:

so this makes m think of the day i came home and my cat at that time had one single kitten, when i found her and it she had idk gotten carried away with clean up??? it was still alive, one leg and tail chewed off and its intestines sitting there i never thought id havve to make the decision but it sorta was made for me i couldnt do it so i called one of the guys from the neighbor hood to do it. i ws a mess that day i could never have just let her finish tho.
just seemed wrong. i know nature but still its inhumane i think.

Highly doubt that but yea ok lol. I would have rather threw my chameleon in the snow or frozen lake then take it to the last vet I went to.
so are you saying that being chewed up alive is nice pleasant way to go? I mean its not instant at all or are you just being economical of disposing them? I know you haven't but you seem to think it was A ok but freezing and CO2 are like torture.

If people want to feed more power to them. I don't care what others do. I don't even feed weak crickets let alone weak close to death lizards.

I think I rather feel my blood crystalize within minutes then be chewed up in one. To each their own. I have never done either but thats my thoughts. You can be eaten. I just thought its funny how someone could be like oh no they feel pain when you freeze them . But feeding them its part of nature, so no pain no suffering just good ol tongue to the head and chomp chomp chomp. I mean people feed cats to gators ect. ect. its just not me. But either way death is death and lets all just hope they pass very quick when the time comes. That parson would probably inhale the chameleon alive and he'd just have to wait to get digested.

Feeding lizards is just like feeding anything else. Something needs to die for something else to live. Circle of Life ... what makes a cat or a bunny and more of a feeder than a chameleon or a gecko. I just try not to think to hard.

Last edited:
Im sorry but feeding sickly baby panthers to their parents is just disgusting and you should be keeping things like that to yourself!

Thanks, Jesus.:rolleyes: Glad the moral police showed up.

Many breeders of many animals cull their young. Why not get a little more out of one that needs put down? It would happen in the wild.

And yes, smashing their brain is the quickest and least painful way to put one down besides a vet.

Back
Top Bottom