Cham eats lizard

To all the above posters what's the difference in feeding insects they're living creature no?

There is no difference death is death its usually not pleasant either way so no way to glorify it. I feel bad for few crickets and I let them go LOL I'm a weird one. Then I'm pisssed off later that month when Im out and need to buy more.

As I ended my last post with this.
Feeding lizards is just like feeding anything else. Something needs to die for something else to live. Circle of Life ... what makes a cat or a bunny and more of a feeder than a chameleon or a gecko. I just try not to think to hard.

Highly doubt that but yea ok lol. I would have rather threw my chameleon in the snow or frozen lake then take it to the last vet I went to.
so are you saying that being chewed up alive is nice pleasant way to go? I mean its not instant at all or are you just being economical of disposing them? I know you haven't but you seem to think it was A ok but freezing and CO2 are like torture.

If people want to feed more power to them. I don't care what others do. I don't even feed weak crickets let alone weak close to death lizards.

I think I rather feel my blood crystalize within minutes then be chewed up in one. To each their own. I have never done either but thats my thoughts. You can be eaten. I just thought its funny how someone could be like oh no they feel pain when you freeze them . But feeding them its part of nature, so no pain no suffering just good ol tongue to the head and chomp chomp chomp. I mean people feed cats to gators ect. ect. its just not me. But either way death is death and lets all just hope they pass very quick when the time comes. That parson would probably inhale the chameleon alive and he'd just have to wait to get digested.

Feeding lizards is just like feeding anything else. Something needs to die for something else to live. Circle of Life ... what makes a cat or a bunny and more of a feeder than a chameleon or a gecko. I just try not to think to hard.

I euthanize animals as part of my lab all the time, and we have very specific protocols with different species of animals. So I know a bit about what I'm talking about. When we have to kill frogs or reptiles you have to destroy the brain, it's the fastest and most humane way to go. Where as you stick mammals like rats in a CO2 chamber, because that is like falling asleep.

Let me say that I'm not pushing anyone to do anything they don't want to, that's now what I mean at all. Just that IF you find yourself in the position where you need to euthanize a reptile without the help of a vet, then freezing is the last thing you should do. It may take 30+ minutes for the animal to die. I think one quick lethal blow to the head is the most humane thing.

Do I love the idea of feeding off a hatchling? Perhaps not, but I can't say that I hate it either. One crunch or two to the head and they're dead quickly. They don't even know what hit them and it takes a couple seconds.

I find it very interesting hearing everyones opinions on death and such.
Im not anymore fascinated with death than the next person. I just mean its interesting that people have different opinions on the matter.
I personally feel that any living thing derserves a good death.
Id rather be eaten than crushed, and Id rather be crushed than frozen!
Hypothermia and frostbite are very painful! Theres no way I would purposely freeze somthing to death.
I dont feed lizards.
The reason being its just not needed in the diet, and the lizard has better things to do.
Now if the lizard was deformed and needed to be disposed of yeah sure.
I dont think theres anything wrong at all with that.
I can see why the "myth" of putting them in the freezer is so previlent.
It takes the emotional response away from the human freezing it.
They dont have to see it die, just pop it in a box, and voila!
The fear of what it means to kill, and how you will feel about yourself after is just easier to forget about when you cant see it.
Thats just an illusion though.
Its easy to kill.
Its hard to grow up.

I find it very interesting hearing everyones opinions on death and such.
Im not anymore fascinated with death than the next person. I just mean its interesting that people have different opinions on the matter.
I personally feel that any living thing derserves a good death.
Id rather be eaten than crushed, and Id rather be crushed than frozen!
Hypothermia and frostbite are very painful! Theres no way I would purposely freeze somthing to death.
I dont feed lizards.
The reason being its just not needed in the diet, and the lizard has better things to do.
Now if the lizard was deformed and needed to be disposed of yeah sure.
I dont think theres anything wrong at all with that.
I can see why the "myth" of putting them in the freezer is so previlent.
It takes the emotional response away from the human freezing it.
They dont have to see it die, just pop it in a box, and voila!
The fear of what it means to kill, and how you will feel about yourself after is just easier to forget about when you cant see it.
Thats just an illusion though.
Its easy to kill.
Its hard to grow up.

Agree, humans seem to be able to cope with horrible things better if they don't have to see happen. Which is why when a person gets a shot the doctor will tell you not to look, or when a little kid is afraid of the dark, they will lay in bed with the cover thrown over them. I personally don't know what way I would dispose of the sick animal, because I have never had to do it before. I don't condone feeding a baby to its parents, something about that just seems morally wrong to me. What ever way I choose, I would like it to be quick and painless.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.955393,-81.877142

Back
Top Bottom