Caught Herbie sleeping again… help!

https://joshsfrogs.com/sp/arcadia-d3-6-uvb-t5-bulb-34-basics00650
It will calculate time to receive once you put in your details for the order. I am in AZ and it takes about a week to get anything from Josh's frogs.

https://www.reptilebasics.com/arcadia-forest-6-uvb/arcadia-d3-6-uvb-t5-bulb-34/
This one normally takes about 4-5 days for me to receive orders from them. You could mark urgent on the comments though. I always do lol. Hoping they ship out faster. I order my bulbs from this company.

And then there is checking your local petstores for a total set up. 24inch t5HO with either a 5.0 or 6% bulb. Petsmart sells some arcadia stuff. But it would need to be either reptisun fixture with 5.0 or arcadia Prot5 with 6%.

I think I’m just going to buy a whole new thing altogether, would this be correct?

Attachments

• IMG_6257.jpeg
    IMG_6257.jpeg
    147.3 KB · Views: 11
Okay I found this one and it can get here tomorrow or Wednesday! I guess my biggest concern is what do I do now? I caught him sleeping again today and I’m afraid the damage may be too bad. Should I get some liquid calcium drops or take him to the vet? Or is there nothing I can do at this point?

Attachments

• IMG_6258.jpeg
    IMG_6258.jpeg
    140 KB · Views: 9
Okay I found this one and it can get here tomorrow or Wednesday! I guess my biggest concern is what do I do now? I caught him sleeping again today and I’m afraid the damage may be too bad. Should I get some liquid calcium drops or take him to the vet? Or is there nothing I can do at this point?
That bulb works!

So here is the thing... Either that bulb is some weird off brand that does not label (I doubt this) or it is a daylight bulb. Either way I do not think he had the uvb. I really really think it is a daylight bulb. But since nothing at all is printed on the dang thing I can not even confirm that for sure.

So what is your weather like right now? How does he do with handling?

Vet could take an xray and see what his bone density is. I am not seeing visible signs of MBD such as funky shaped bones but that does not mean it is not there.

I live in Georgia so right now it is sort of cold but sunny for sure. And he does not like handling, he actually bit me yesterday because I was trying to get rid of some gnats in his cage and wasn’t paying attention to where my finger was (I had gloves on so no damage done) but he does not like handling whatsoever, but I also think he’s not feeling well so he’s a bit more grumpy and upset.

I live in Georgia so right now it is sort of cold but sunny for sure. And he does not like handling, he actually bit me yesterday because I was trying to get rid of some gnats in his cage and wasn’t paying attention to where my finger was (I had gloves on so no damage done) but he does not like handling whatsoever, but I also think he’s not feeling well so he’s a bit more grumpy and upset.
Ok then I would not recommend trying to get him outside for real sun then. It will cause more stress.

See how he does with the UVB bulb that you have coming. You should see a difference within a week. Should start perking up. Distance you want for UVB bulb to branch below it is 8-9 inches. And you want the branch to run parallel to the fixture. This will be important that this distance and branch set up is correct. This will put him in a 3 UVI level.

So sorry this happened to you. I wish I would have caught this earlier. Granted you thought you had the right thing too. This one is one I have not experienced before in the forum. So messed up that they did not sell you what you thought you were getting. :(

This whole journey has been a learning experience and figuring out that chameleon husbandry is really misunderstood and a lot of work to just make sure that you check everyone that sells you something or even with vets. I am just entirely grateful for this community because without you guys on this forum I know me and a bunch of other people would just be totally lost.

This whole journey has been a learning experience and figuring out that chameleon husbandry is really misunderstood and a lot of work to just make sure that you check everyone that sells you something or even with vets. I am just entirely grateful for this community because without you guys on this forum I know me and a bunch of other people would just be totally lost.
Just happy I was able to catch this... Please keep me updated. I will get tagged in the thread if you post here. :)

Back
Top Bottom