Camille is finally digging!

RealIzeRecognIze

Since over a month ago my first female veiled has been acting different. I was just assuming she was developing eggs. Showing different colors pacing around and not eating a whole lot also being a lot more mean lol. Well I took her bin out out after a month and finally got to get her out and clean the cage. Then I noticed the other day she was digging through the rocks of her plant and I put her bin back. After still digging in the pot which had to take some strenghth getting through rocks and scared me because I'm not using organic soil, I caught her digging in the sand bin this morning and it is a great relief to me:)
whenever she gets done.. if shell eat. Should I give her feeders with plain calcium dust or d3 or a multivitamin??
And does it stress them to remove the bin afterwards?

She needs complete privacy when digging and laying the eggs. If she sees you looking she could abandon the job she has to do and become egg bound.

I'm just peeking at her but I haven't had time to setup her dropper. She came up once covered in sand to bask for awhile and is now bac k digging

It would have to be normal for them to go heat back up right? Then go back to digging? I don't want her to dehydrate and she hasn't wanted food in a few days either..

Well her bin is in the cage. It only seemed to make sense because its like 70-73 in the sand I'm assuming. And all that work would drain there heat right?

She laid 32 infertile eggs!
IMG_20120912_201736.jpg

IMG_20120912_201512.jpg

She seems to be fine just been basking a lot, I fed her well and gave her some calci worms and watered her well. I wonder what caused so many eggs to produce? I keep her temps low and don't feed too much. Do you think an increased temp being outside could push her into cycling?

She seems to be fine just been basking a lot, I fed her well and gave her some calci worms and watered her well. I wonder what caused so many eggs to produce? I keep her temps low and don't feed too much. Do you think an increased temp being outside could push her into cycling?

Glad to hear that she is well. Being outside could have done it. I like to take my guys outside too but sometimes they do get hotter than I normally do.

Yes she is good at keeping me worried but I think the toughest part so far was this receptive and egg laying thing. About a month ago before she started acting strange I had her outside to clean the cage and it was hot enough for her to start gaping. Then her appetite decreased started showing colors.. had me worrying of course for a few weeks. Then she laid eggs! So I'm thinking it had to do with the heat that day.
But it is over til next time which I'm trying to prevent and also thank you for your blogs and help jann:) and other helpful members of course.

Back
Top Bottom