Blue Bar Ambilobes

Feathered

I am still clueless as to how you can pick out a baby chameleon and decide what he might look like when he matures, but would like to get an idea so I've been looking thru locale descriptions.
I went to a reptile expo awhile back and saw so many gorgeous critters. One of the blue Bar Ambilobe males was almost all turquoise blue with blue barring . Extremely pretty boy! In all my searching I don't see many.... if any.... mainly turquoise blue Ambilobes though. It's not in the description of most sites for Ambilobes either. Is there a reason I don't see more mainly blue Ambilobes? Not desired? Not a normal color? Or......

I am still clueless as to how you can pick out a baby chameleon and decide what he might look like when he matures, but would like to get an idea so I've been looking thru locale descriptions.
I went to a reptile expo awhile back and saw so many gorgeous critters. One of the blue Bar Ambilobe males was almost all turquoise blue with blue barring . Extremely pretty boy! In all my searching I don't see many.... if any.... mainly turquoise blue Ambilobes though. It's not in the description of most sites for Ambilobes either. Is there a reason I don't see more mainly blue Ambilobes? Not desired? Not a normal color? Or......

Really, the only way to gauge what you may get is by going to a quality breeder that has the sire and dam. Some even have photos of the Dam's sire, which helps too. Not all of the chameleons will turn out looking the same, but knowing what the Sire looks like is about the best way to gauge what you may be getting.

There are so many variations and it really just depends on the lineage and what traits the breeder was trying to get. But, most GOOD breeders will have that info and you will definitely be able to see what traits they are trying to achieve in their breeding.

I did get to see the sire and dam for the little guys they had. The female was a red bar and the Sire the mostly turquoise blue bar I described. I had been thinking I could look around the internet and see, potentially, the young would look like between the two when I came across the fact I can't seem to find the turquoise ambilobe to start with.

Really, the only way to gauge what you may get is by going to a quality breeder that has the sire and dam. Some even have photos of the Dam's sire, which helps too. Not all of the chameleons will turn out looking the same, but knowing what the Sire looks like is about the best way to gauge what you may be getting.

There are so many variations and it really just depends on the lineage and what traits the breeder was trying to get. But, most GOOD breeders will have that info and you will definitely be able to see what traits they are trying to achieve in their breeding.

This is the sire and dams sire to my blue bar Skittles (pic 1 is sire, pic 2 is dams sire, pic 3 is my guy)

Attachments

• primo.jpg
    primo.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 151
  • candycane.jpg
    candycane.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 169
This is the sire and dams sire to my blue bar Skittles (pic 1 is sire, pic 2 is dams sire, pic 3 is my guy)

Those must be from Chameleon Paradise? I think I saw those there that is.They are stunning! Random but is there a thread on this forum that is just that..... Sire, Dames Sire, then a picture of the young?

Those must be from Chameleon Paradise? I think I saw those there that is.They are stunning! Random but is there a thread on this forum that is just that..... Sire, Dames Sire, then a picture of the young?
Yes he is from chameleon paradise PrimoxCandyCane and I dont know of a thread like that but that would be really cool

He's gorgeous! I am amazed at the color diversity the Ambilobe have. I can't wait to see what my little guys look like. I think they already have more red than their Sire but they are so young and I really have no clue how to base the colors I see now vs. an adult's coloration.

it wouldnt let me add a third pic but here is Skittles.

not sure why it posted twice. sorry

Skittles is awesome! I am going to be receiving a Primo baby in the next month or two and I am so excited! How is Skittles' temperament? I know they will vary cham to cham but just curious:)

Skittles is awesome! I am going to be receiving a Primo baby in the next month or two and I am so excited! How is Skittles' temperament? I know they will vary cham to cham but just curious:)
Skittles would stay out of his cage all day if i let him. The first day i got him i tried to put him in the cage but he turned around and climbed up my arm. I cant wait to see pics of yours if you get one!

Back
Top Bottom