Best solar meter to buy?

JamesB88

Established Member
Just wondering what's the best solar meter to get, I can't seem to find them on lightyourreptiles anymore and I have a Amazon gift card to use.

This one below seems to be the best one but really expensive

Any recommendations on where to find one similar but cheaper?

Attachments

• IMG_2147.PNG
    IMG_2147.PNG
    186.2 KB · Views: 102
The 6.5 is the same price any thoughts on that meter
6.2 is for measuring deep ubv/c leaks for harmful environments.
6.5 is for measuring uva/b for vit d3 production and exposure time for skin.

So a 6.2 would be great back in the day when the bad cfl's were out with the uvc leaks.

Personally i would get the 6.5 if you have the choice as it measures broadly accross the D3 zone, vs the 6.2 that is mostly sensitive in the danger zones.

You can look up the sensitivity curves of both and decide.

uvi can be converted to µW/cm² with a 40:1 conversion for sunlight. For bulbs its closer to 30:1. For panthers/veiled the recomendations are 35-40 µW/cm² and change bulbs at 15 µW/cm². I change my bulbs at .4-.5 uvi

6.2 is for measuring deep ubv/c leaks for harmful environments.
6.5 is for measuring uva/b for vit d3 production and exposure time for skin.

So a 6.2 would be great back in the day when the bad cfl's were out with the uvc leaks.

Personally i would get the 6.5 if you have the choice as it measures broadly accross the D3 zone, vs the 6.2 that is mostly sensitive in the danger zones.

You can look up the sensitivity curves of both and decide.

uvi can be converted to µW/cm² with a 40:1 conversion for sunlight. For bulbs its closer to 30:1. For panthers/veiled the recomendations are 35-40 µW/cm² and change bulbs at 15 µW/cm². I change my bulbs at .4-.5 uvi
Right on, 6.5 is recommended by Todd anyway like you said the 6.2 is older and more for uvc leak. There the same price so 6.5 it is

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom