Baby with black spot on neck?

seanUTD

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - BB Ambilobe, sex is unknown, been with me for about 3 weeks
Handling - Never its a little kamikaze
Feeding - 15 1/4" crix daily gutloaded with flukers gut load, oranges, collard greens, carrots, butternut squash
Supplements - ReptiCal w/o D3 every day, MultiVit every other monday, Cal w/D3 every other tuesday
Watering - Misting 3-4 times daily with a pump mister until the cage is dripping.. He drinks frequently in front of me
Fecal Description - perfect brown coloration, white urate with not a bit of orange
History - None really he was given a lot of natural sun in conjunction with his UVB but other than that nothing out of the ordinary

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Mesh reptibreeze style, 22"x12"x26"
Lighting - 60 watt household bulb for basking, reptisun 5.0 BULB (not tube) both in domes... 12 hrs on at 8am 12 hours off at 8pm
Temperature - Basking is 83 degrees... Lowest point is 73 degrees... I use a thermometer
Humidity - Not sure of humidity but living in Texas humidity hovers pretty high most of the time and I leave windows in the apt open most of the time.
Plants - Ficus (small cage, small plant)
Placement - Placed in a relatively low traffic area, but I keep a sheet on the cage for times when there is more than normal traffic... There is a wall sized mirror about 15 feet in front of the cage... temporary location until I build a blinder for the side of Stanley's cage.
Location - In Dallas, TX

Current Problem - Herbie shed yesterday and I hadn't noticed anything unusual on his/her skin but he/she has been staying in defensive dark colors since the shed and hiding in the ficus on the darker area of the enclosure... He/she is still adjusting so I didn't think this odd... I just put the sheet over the cage and checked every now and again and he/she seemed to come out a bit... He/she is eating very well and drinking well and looks healthy but as I was doing a night time color scan to see any new colors I noticed a LARGE spot on the underside of his/her mouth and neck that is black while the rest of him is peach (leading me to believe he is a she... Though I am still no expert on that...) Im not terribly worried but I would like to know if this is something serious and could it be affecting his/her mood in the way I've described..?

Ask and you shall receive... Those eyes are mad sleepy eyes... I tried not to wake what DEFINITELY looks like a her with the night colors on...
100_0039.jpg

Black spot where the arm meets the neck... You can kinda see it... It seems like an odd place for a burn so IDK?

a bruise was my first thought, but you cant really see it that well...have you seen him/her fall or anything?...maybe someone else can be more help...sorry :( , but hopefully everything is fine

He's fallen twice but not recently... Both were onto carpet... I haven't seen him fall in the enclosure but its possible.. Any thoughts on sex?

I had something similar on a young veiled years ago. He was probably 3-4 months old. Developed what looked like a burn on his shoulder, but it wasn't. It went away after a few sheds. I'll see if I can find the photo.

I think the shedding thing is a good idea because I just checked up on him and the same area looks clear almost as if its an unshed skin patch

Still there tonight and the behavior completely stopped when I put the sheet over the cage but as soon as that sheet came off BAM! back into the tree and turned brown... But the black is still there.. Any more ideas?

Back
Top Bottom