Baby Mt Meru Jackson's

Neat! I'd definitely keep them outside as long as possible. Hope there are lots of updates to come, as well and WOW is dad awesome.

Thanks everyone! I feel lucky to have made it this far but we still have aways to go. This sub species of Jackson's are probably the hardest to keep. I'm going to go out on a limb and try keeping them outside since the mom has been outside and the weather is good now. We have our fingers crossed.:)

Congrats! Yes it s true this subspecies is the hardest to keep... In Europe some people have breeding... Keep us in fresch air

6 days old today and all are eating well and looking good.

IMG_4080.jpg

IMG_3973.jpg

A little hunting going on.
IMG_4074.jpg

IMG_3977.jpg

They really are to cute for words. Sorry I didn't read how many there were, I was too busy looking at the pictures.:)

Great pics and how damn adorable are they. I'm hoping to have some of these one day when I can find some for definate. :)

I'm beginning to think there are two kinds of Cham keepers: Those who Have Mt. Meru Jackson's and those who want to have them :).

The babies look to have such personality and the parents are both fantastic!

Can't wait to see updates as they grow.

Oh man those are some of the cutest babies I've ever seen! Question.... Why would her hanging on the screen indicate that she's ready to pop??? My female Jackson's has been hanging on her screen since yesterday, but I don't know if she's knocked up or not. lol. On any note those babies are very cute, good luck with them!

Thanks for the nice comments.

It has been my experience that when the females are really fat, breathing from the mouth and refusing food they often start crawling on the sides of the cage and often drop the babies there.

Oh man those are some of the cutest babies I've ever seen! Question.... Why would her hanging on the screen indicate that she's ready to pop??? My female Jackson's has been hanging on her screen since yesterday, but I don't know if she's knocked up or not. lol. On any note those babies are very cute, good luck with them!

Man! That is such great news! I came back on the forums and was feeling so disappointed from all the "Look at my (typical panther)!" threads AND THEN I stumbled upon this one! Congrats Craig!:eek:

Georgeous. Mt. Meru is one of my favorite. After a few years we decided to stop them (sadly) as our domestic climate is way too hot and we took quite an effort to cool them down with massive energy bills. I am always tempted to go back to keeping them, but I think keeping Chams work better if the local weather is closer to their natural habitat.

Thank you. I agree it is much easier to keep Chameleons when your local climate is close to what they require. We are lucky to live close to the ocean and have been having great Chameleon keeping weather while the rest of the country is having a tough time. Our weather has been 70-80 during the day and 60-65 at night.

I was a little concerned about keeping the babies outside when we reach 60 but they seem to be doing fine. I hope they continue to do well as I would love to raise some with nice horns. The pair I have have pretty rough horns:)

Georgeous. Mt. Meru is one of my favorite. After a few years we decided to stop them (sadly) as our domestic climate is way too hot and we took quite an effort to cool them down with massive energy bills. I am always tempted to go back to keeping them, but I think keeping Chams work better if the local weather is closer to their natural habitat.

Back
Top Bottom