Avocado Trees

I've been mostly using large ficus alii for parsonii trees, but when I
finish my greenhouse this spring I would like to try experimenting with citrus, if I can get it to grow up here:p

I have considered/had talks about using citrus for Parsonii with the UC Davis nursery. Most citrus species have got big thorns. What are the dimensions of the nursery you are planning on putting in?

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

I wouldn't stress about it unless you had a cham species that eats foliage. I've kept my montanes on avocado trees and saplings for a long time. I sprout them in the enclosures from seed. I wouldn't hesitate to keep a parsons on one.

I have considered/had talks about using citrus for Parsonii with the UC Davis nursery. Most citrus species have got big thorns. What are the dimensions of the nursery you are planning on putting in?

Ah crap, I forgot about the thorns. I haven't been close to a citrus tree since I was a kid in Arizona. The search continues...
I'm building a custom home attached greenhouse, 12 x 24 with the fancy acrylite double skin uv transmitting acrylic panels. I'll need to install aluminet shade cloth on the outside since the panels transmit about 91% light (uv included.) Really amazing stuff

as for the avocado thread - here in Florida Veiled chameleons live and thrive around the Avocado groves.

My male Orange Eye, when I free range him inside the greenhouse or outside the greenhouse, the Avocado Tree was his preferred tree by far.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Last edited:
Over 80% of trees and plants found in Jungles are toxic in varying degrees. So, I've so soften my views on what, and what not to use. Funny to look back in time and see what I've previously posted :)

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 134
I have used Avocado trees in planters in my outdoor panther enclosures for about two years and they love it. No issues as of yet and I do not expect any. The branches are just to nice to pass up. :)

Back
Top Bottom