are these eggs ????

It depends, a lot of chameleons from what I've noticed and I would expect it's pretty normal in the wild, dig practice holes and check out the soil for a few days to weeks before actually laying (which drives all us keepers crazy lol), some females just lay as soon as they dig. Anyway I find some keepers are better at keeping their distance if they have something to keep their mind constantly going. Such as video games, coloring, reading, writing, or business. Something that they can focus obsessive thoughts on is usually better. Sometimes some keepers just can't stop worrying, and sometimes they do better if they install a simple spy cam that the chameleon does really notice. Either way it sounds like your girl will be relatively easy and knows what she is doing. Good luck <3
I was going to add dirt in laying bin but for some reason she decided to sleep in the hole she dug ,,, is this normal ???? sorry for all the questions but reading up on laying it really doesn't give all info

It depends, a lot of chameleons from what I've noticed and I would expect it's pretty normal in the wild, dig practice holes and check out the soil for a few days to weeks before actually laying (which drives all us keepers crazy lol), some females just lay as soon as they dig. Anyway I find some keepers are better at keeping their distance if they have something to keep their mind constantly going. Such as video games, coloring, reading, writing, or business. Something that they can focus obsessive thoughts on is usually better. Sometimes some keepers just can't stop worrying, and sometimes they do better if they install a simple spy cam that the chameleon does really notice. Either way it sounds like your girl will be relatively easy and knows what she is doing. Good luck <3
I about had a nervous breakdown when my girl laid, but @Andee is right. She knows what to do. The spy cam was a lifesaver, I would try to cover her cage and watch her digitally.

I am not sure what is normal regarding anything that is chameleons. There is so much individuality that what may be normal for the majority may not have any context with your animal. Supposedly low wattage halogens are completely safe, however I will never ever use one with my adult male panther, because with even just a 25 watt halogen bulb he had some severe problems that some people swore were not caused by the bulb. However once I switched back to his normal 60 watt incandescent he healed totally fine though it took a few months to be back to completely normal. I have learned with him in general, he is unusually sensitive to artificial lighting. I wish I had the ability to make him an outdoor enclosure for all year round. I technically have good weather to accomadate him for most the year. I just don't have the yard space where I am now. I hope once I move back to my old house that I actually own, I hope to build several outdoor enclosures for possible future rescues, one for him, and one for my tortoise.

I about had a nervous breakdown when my girl laid, but @Andee is right. She knows what to do. The spy cam was a lifesaver, I would try to cover her cage and watch her digitally.
I tried covering her housery the first day she started digging , she didn't like , she dug to the bottom of the 10" or so of dirt so I moved her to a 5 gallon bucket ( I seen posted about bucket) she didn't like that so I put her back in her housery and she calmed down , I don't watch her every minute but when I do pass her housey I kinda glance at her to see how she's doing maybe 4 times a day if that

I was going to add dirt in laying bin but for some reason she decided to sleep in the hole she dug ,,, is this normal ???? sorry for all the questions but reading up on laying it really doesn't give all info
yea this is normal my girl spent the night in her hole to lay her eggs they will usually spend all night digging or laying until the job is done. i was a nervous wreck during my girls first clutch. as long as you don't have any bad signs such as sleeping through the day and weak grip, she should be doing just fine. just try to give her lots of privacy and plenty of water. hopefully this helps :)

yea this is normal my girl spent the night in her hole to lay her eggs they will usually spend all night digging or laying until the job is done. i was a nervous wreck during my girls first clutch. as long as you don't have any bad signs such as sleeping through the day and weak grip, she should be doing just fine. just try to give her lots of privacy and plenty of water. hopefully this helps :)
thank you thank you, its 6am and I didn't sleep good at al worried about her ,this is our first time LOL,,, she's still sleeping with her head under the hole she dug

she's awake I can hear her scratching bottom on bin ,, she won't leave bin so I can add more dirt and I don't want to disturb her ,,,,I figured out a way to add another 6" of dirt without disturbing the hole she dug,,, but she won't leave bin

The first time is always the hardest. In my opinion it will never be an easy time, during laying season and all, but it does get easier as we get more accustomed to them.

thank you thank you, its 6am and I didn't sleep good at al worried about her ,this is our first time LOL,,, she's still sleeping with her head under the hole she dug
I didn't sleep at all while my girl was digging! It's so stressful, I worried myself sick. She'll be ok, keep us updated!

she's awake I can hear her scratching bottom on bin ,, she won't leave bin so I can add more dirt and I don't want to disturb her ,,,,I figured out a way to add another 6" of dirt without disturbing the hole she dug,,, but she won't leave bin
I have been reading you post for last few days as I was reading this post I found my self whispering it in my head as I read ;)hope all goes well

late yesterday she finally got out her bin,,, I put another 6" of dirt ,,, this morning I gave her a few crickets (not sure if she will eat ) misted her and put mister on so she can get some water ,,, this is almost as bad as when my ex wife was giving birth ,,, sooooo ready for this to be over LOL

well it must have been false alarm ,,,,she's back to eating ,basking and moving around ,,, she must have made a practice run LOL,,,, thanks for all the info

well it must have been false alarm ,,,,she's back to eating ,basking and moving around ,,, she must have made a practice run LOL,,,, thanks for all the info

Are you sure she didn't lay her eggs? I would be worried if she hasn't and would have been in to a vet a long time ago.

Are you sure she didn't lay her eggs? I would be worried if she hasn't and would have been in to a vet a long time ago.
if she did , she never covered them , the hole she dug is still there, I will check bin , she's eating good and poo was good ,I didn't want to disturb the hole she dug ,,,,thanks

Back
Top Bottom