Chameleon Forums


Go Back   Chameleon Forums > Chameleon Husbandry > Chameleon Breeding


site sponsor

Chameleon Care
New to chameleons? Curious about their basic care? Check out our care resources!
chameleon bookstore

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-04-2011, 07:59 AM
Johnny84's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 381
Johnny84 will become famous soon enough
Cool When Should I try to put my Panthers together???

Hello Everyone in the Cham World..LOL!

WHen should I put my Panther Chams together for mating? I'm waiting to see if my female is going to lay eggs or not, so do I need to wait til she lays her eggs? What is the normal routine I should follow to properly mate these two? If you look at my gallery I have pics posted of both of them!
__________________
Visit my website for Availability: www.jchreptiles.webs.com
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-04-2011, 10:38 AM
Johnny84's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 381
Johnny84 will become famous soon enough
Ok again...thanks for the replies!!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-04-2011, 10:43 AM
okiroo's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: South Carolina, in the sticks
Posts: 3,106
Blog Entries: 2
okiroo has a reputation beyond reputeokiroo has a reputation beyond reputeokiroo has a reputation beyond reputeokiroo has a reputation beyond reputeokiroo has a reputation beyond reputeokiroo has a reputation beyond reputeokiroo has a reputation beyond reputeokiroo has a reputation beyond reputeokiroo has a reputation beyond reputeokiroo has a reputation beyond reputeokiroo has a reputation beyond repute
when shes receptive. not after shes layed eggs. she should be a nice pechypink color. try to put her in when she is. if she gets mad take her out and try again ina day or 2. when they do mate than your good. theres alot of posts like this so you could have probally done a serch.
__________________
0.1 C.calyptratus Clair ---R.I.P. Chloe <3 T.hoehnelii---
--- Basic Information Blog ---
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-04-2011, 10:56 AM
Johnny84's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 381
Johnny84 will become famous soon enough
I knew that part...thanks for the tip tho! My question is when do I put them together if she is suppose to lay eggs soon
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-04-2011, 11:07 AM
ChameleonRave's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 3,341
Blog Entries: 2
ChameleonRave is a splendid one to beholdChameleonRave is a splendid one to beholdChameleonRave is a splendid one to beholdChameleonRave is a splendid one to beholdChameleonRave is a splendid one to beholdChameleonRave is a splendid one to beholdChameleonRave is a splendid one to behold
First off, make sure that you can properly care for numerous hatchlings, you have the supplies, time and money.

Babies are not cheap at all.

She needs to lay an infertile clutch of eggs before she gets bred, and she should be about 12-14 months old and receptive/ready to breed.

As far as when she is ready that is basically how you can tell..

Also the female shouldn't be trying to hiss/bite the male she will be willing to mate with him. but keep a close eye on them for when she knows that she is done she will show her gravid coloration and get upset and try to bite him, or puff up.
__________________
1.1 Veiled Chameleons | 1.1 Panther Chameleons | 5.3.0 Bearded Pygmy + others
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-04-2011, 11:15 AM
Thompson's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,926
Blog Entries: 1
Thompson has much to be proud ofThompson has much to be proud ofThompson has much to be proud ofThompson has much to be proud ofThompson has much to be proud ofThompson has much to be proud ofThompson has much to be proud ofThompson has much to be proud of
Cham Photo Silver 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChameleonRave View Post
She needs to lay an infertile clutch of eggs before she gets bred.
Just curious, where have you read this? My female is about 13 months old and hasn't laid an infertile clutch yet and I was under the impression that you can breed without them even laying a clutch before. I have read though that if it's their first clutch and they have been bred, then that clutch of eggs may still be infertile if it's their first.

But yes the female should be over a year and atleast 50 grams and higher. You also want to make sure before breeding that you have a fecal done for both chams. Don't want any parasites being passed between them.
__________________
1.0 Nosy Be 1.0 Ambanja 1.0 Veiled Oregon #1 Go ducks!!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-04-2011, 11:17 AM
ChameleonRave's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 3,341
Blog Entries: 2
ChameleonRave is a splendid one to beholdChameleonRave is a splendid one to beholdChameleonRave is a splendid one to beholdChameleonRave is a splendid one to beholdChameleonRave is a splendid one to beholdChameleonRave is a splendid one to beholdChameleonRave is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
Just curious, where have you read this? My female is about 13 months old and hasn't laid an infertile clutch yet and I was under the impression that you can breed without them even laying a clutch before. I have read though that if it's their first clutch and they have been bred, then that clutch of eggs may still be infertile if it's their first.

But yes the female should be over a year and atleast 50 grams and higher. You also want to make sure before breeding that you have a fecal done for both chams. Don't want any parasites being passed between them.
Sorry to offend you if I did? But I should have put that they should at least have an infertile clutch before they breed, that way you know how they might lay and what to kind of expect when they lay.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-04-2011, 11:17 AM
Johnny84's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 381
Johnny84 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChameleonRave View Post
First off, make sure that you can properly care for numerous hatchlings, you have the supplies, time and money.

Babies are not cheap at all.

She needs to lay an infertile clutch of eggs before she gets bred, and she should be about 12-14 months old and receptive/ready to breed.

As far as when she is ready that is basically how you can tell..

Also the female shouldn't be trying to hiss/bite the male she will be willing to mate with him. but keep a close eye on them for when she knows that she is done she will show her gravid coloration and get upset and try to bite him, or puff up.


Yes I do have the supplies and money...just want to make sure I breed them right, new to doing so and would love to get into breeding!! Also my female has been showing gravid coloration and I think I can feel eggs inside of her but she hasnt laid any yet! She has everything she needs to lay them! Also...my questioning was to make sure how long I need to wait if she is gravid now(getting ready to lay some eggs and not sure if she his fertile or unfertile do to the previous owners not knowing if they bred or not).
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-04-2011, 11:19 AM
ChameleonRave's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 3,341
Blog Entries: 2
ChameleonRave is a splendid one to beholdChameleonRave is a splendid one to beholdChameleonRave is a splendid one to beholdChameleonRave is a splendid one to beholdChameleonRave is a splendid one to beholdChameleonRave is a splendid one to beholdChameleonRave is a splendid one to behold
Well, if she is carrying eggs, you might want to wait until after she deposits those ones and until she shows receptive colors again. I don't know if you will get anything out of her and if she is gravid she will refuse the male.

Do you know any sort of age on her?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-04-2011, 11:21 AM
Thompson's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,926
Blog Entries: 1
Thompson has much to be proud ofThompson has much to be proud ofThompson has much to be proud ofThompson has much to be proud ofThompson has much to be proud ofThompson has much to be proud ofThompson has much to be proud ofThompson has much to be proud of
Cham Photo Silver 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChameleonRave View Post
Sorry to offend you if I did? But I should have put that they should at least have an infertile clutch before they breed, that way you know how they might lay and what to kind of expect when they lay.
Lol no offense taken I was just seeing if there was something new I can learn!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Incoming panthers help? Basilisk09 General Discussion 3 05-21-2011 01:35 PM
Shower time for the panthers (lots of pics) Olimpia General Photography 22 05-20-2011 09:58 AM
helh,Can you tell me what' kinds of my panthers are ? Owl General Discussion 10 11-25-2010 03:18 PM
Difference between Panthers and Veileds steviejcsc General Discussion 15 03-26-2010 05:17 AM
Average size of 6 month old panthers chameleonneeds General Discussion 0 03-13-2010 02:22 PM

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:29 AM.


Chameleon Top Sites Chameleons Youtube Chameleons Facebook
Copyright 2014, Chameleon Forums. All Rights Reserved.