When Should I try to put my Panthers together???

Ok...I know Ive asked these Questions before...but I just dont want her to get egg bound! Also do I wait for her to start digging before I cover her cage up? Or cover it now? ANd if now: How long do I leave her covered up??

Personally I dont cover until I see the female going in to the bin and showing an interest in it. When she goes down and strats digging I cover the cage. Usually they will go down and dig a few test holes first before they really decide its time to lay. Make sure that bin is at least 10-12" deep and your soil is damp not soggy/muddy. Just wet enough to hold a nice tunnel is a good rule of thumb.;)

You should only cover her up if she is in an area where there is a lot of activity. If she has privacy then just leave her be. If you do need to cover her then wait until she starts hanging around the bottom or if she has been this way for 30+ days. Also, to verify that she is carrying you may be able to feel them. When you cover her be careful not to interrupt her light cycle or watering. Based on your picture she appears to be dehydrated so make sure you have a dripper for her.
Just my thoughts

Back
Top Bottom