How to attract male ambanja panther's courtship?

ppts4511

I have one male ambanja cham and one female. he is three years and she is about two years.
I tried to mate him with her but he hissed her... I haven't seen courtship behavior(head bobbing).

How to Attract courtship?? and After laying eggs, when is recommanded mating cycle?

So he hissed at her? How was she reacting to him just before he hissed at her? Is she showing receptive colours?

For the female to want to mate she should be showing receptive colours. She should be calm and allow him to approach. If she’s hissing, swaying back and forth, gaping, etc, then she is not ready to mate.

After laying the eggs, I give the female a break for a few weeks before I try to mate them. If the eggs she laid were from a fertile clutch, the next clutch or two will likely be at least partly fertile.
You won’t likely be able to mate her again until she shows receptive colours anyway.

I have been having a similar problem. Female receptive, honestly all for him but he will just sit there. No response whatsoever. He hasn't hissed, though, usually just puffs up.
At some point I kind of gave up, it's been about 4 years and I've chosen to let my one female live her life than stress them both out unnecessarily with futile breeding attempts. You could try seeking a sire if your female is truly receptive

Hi sorry for my comment, but how many thread's do you have relating to to the sane thing/ s ?

So he hissed at her? How was she reacting to him just before he hissed at her? Is she showing receptive colours?

For the female to want to mate she should be showing receptive colours. She should be calm and allow him to approach. If she’s hissing, swaying back and forth, gaping, etc, then she is not ready to mate.

After laying the eggs, I give the female a break for a few weeks before I try to mate them. If the eggs she laid were from a fertile clutch, the next clutch or two will likely be at least partly fertile.
You won’t likely be able to mate her again until she shows receptive colours anyway.
Thank you. Now she is gravid but no mated. I'm gonna try to mate them after I give her a break for a few weeks(about 2weeks??).

You said…”Now she is gravid but no mated. I'm gonna try to mate them after I give her a break for a few weeks(about 2weeks??”…gravid means she’s producing eggs….so until she lays the eggs she’s producing she won’t likely want to mate. If she’s gravd…then she should turn very dark colours and reject the make by hissing, swaying, gaping, etc. when she sees the male.

The time for them to mate is when she is showing receptive…bright orangey colours…and during that time, when she sees him she should be calm and move a way from him slowly allowing him to follow her and mate with her.

He should recognize both the gravid colouration/posture and the receptive colouration/posture.

After a mating, the female should change from receptive colouration to gravid colouration and then repel the male. After she lays the batch of eggs, she should retain the gravid coloration for a couple of weeks and not be willing to mate. (Sometimes, when there’s no male around they can drop the gravid or receptive colouration until they see the male or another chameleon as well.)

I hope this helps with the confusion.

I used to also think that sometimes a female pardalis recognizes whether a male pardalis is not her species (there are supposed to be about 11 different pardalis species) and won’t mate with that male….but it’s only something I think could explain some of the refusals to mate…but that’s all it is at this point…a thought…no proof.

You said…”Now she is gravid but no mated. I'm gonna try to mate them after I give her a break for a few weeks(about 2weeks??”…gravid means she’s producing eggs….so until she lays the eggs she’s producing she won’t likely want to mate. If she’s gravd…then she should turn very dark colours and reject the make by hissing, swaying, gaping, etc. when she sees the male.

The time for them to mate is when she is showing receptive…bright orangey colours…and during that time, when she sees him she should be calm and move a way from him slowly allowing him to follow her and mate with her.

He should recognize both the gravid colouration/posture and the receptive colouration/posture.

After a mating, the female should change from receptive colouration to gravid colouration and then repel the male. After she lays the batch of eggs, she should retain the gravid coloration for a couple of weeks and not be willing to mate. (Sometimes, when there’s no male around they can drop the gravid or receptive colouration until they see the male or another chameleon as well.)

I hope this helps with the confusion.

I used to also think that sometimes a female pardalis recognizes whether a male pardalis is not her species (there are supposed to be about 11 different pardalis species) and won’t mate with that male….but it’s only something I think could explain some of the refusals to mate…but that’s all it is at this point…a thought…no proof.
Thank you for your response!!

she didn't mate with him but she turned dark colours. after she lay the batch of eggs, I will try to mate them when she change from gravid colouration to receptive coluration.

Thank you lol

Back
Top Bottom