You know you're a chameleon addict when....

Metric

...you immitate the "leafy walk" your chameleon did last night to impress your friends.

...you do a little dance when your chameleon FINNALLY eats a bug from your hand.

...you walk by your chams cage, stop for a second, look your cham straight in the eyes...and wish you could give them a kiss.

any more crazy things you addicts do when no ones watching?

I must be addicted then! I totally agree with all of those!! :D:D I tell Amy that she's a good girl when she's pooped and when she's eaten all her food!! The first time she took food from my hand, I really did want to dance and jump around! It was all I could do to stand still and move my hand out of the cage slowly!!:D

you know your addictied when you have had a cham for many months and still sneak into your own room at 10 oclock at night and dim the lights just enough to see the beutiful night time relaxing colors that havent changed for 6 months...but stilll make your jaw drop every night!

when you are happy to see your chameleon pooped a white urate,
when you are trying to convince your wife that the cockroach is indeed a papaya beetle and a better and cleaner feeder,
when you share your chameleon picture like parents showing pictures of their baby,

Last edited:
When you choose a cricket from a new cricket condo delivery, and even though not gut-loaded you say "time to meet your maker little feller" :)

You know things are bad when you feel like a proud mummy when they eat all their food up and you cheer!!

I wrap my lips around my veiled's snout and I kiss it repeticiously, while humming with happiness. He likess it!!!

you know your addictied when you have had a cham for many months and still sneak into your own room at 10 oclock at night and dim the lights just enough to see the beutiful night time relaxing colors that havent changed for 6 months...but stilll make your jaw drop every night!

That is so true i thought i was nuts so i'm not the only one.

when you inspect their cages at least 5 times a day for any poo that you might have missed

That is so true i thought i was nuts so i'm not the only one.

I'm crazy too I guess... I do this every night almost as I share my computer room with them and I'll turn around, hall light shining in the door way, and just look in amazement at their pjs!
Plus, I do just about everything else mentioned so far.

When picking out plants at the nursey and the staff think you are crazy because, that ficus is too droopy, that hibiscus not tall enough, or too many tiny branches to cut off that one. I always get, "it will grow". I then explain not soon enough and the plant has to be perfect to make my chams happy :)

You know you're addicted when...

You have to explain to the family that there will be no groceries this week because it's time to order silkworms hornworms and crickets.

You know your chameleon's hatch date but you keep forgetting your wife and/or girlfriends birthday.

You know your addicted when.....

Your desktop background is of your chameleon.

At night, if you need something from their room, you use a flashlight instead of turning on the lights.

You obsess about your feeder's gutload.

You know your addicted when you spend more time on ChameleonForums than any other site! lol!

You know your addicted when you cry over someone else's Cham on the forum when he dies.

You know your addicted when while away from home, you're in a good mood because your life has been impacted for good by the love of Chams.

You know you're addicted when you have a cold and you check to see if it can possibly effect the chams.

You know you're addicted when you can't sleep because one of the Chams eyes doesn't look quite right.

You know you're addicted when you make vet appointments then break them because the eye was fine, it was just shedding.

You know you're addicted when every tree you see has a certain branch shape that would be perfect for the cham.

You know you're addicted when your Chams appear on video more than any other family member.

...when you talk to your chameleons every time your near their cage
...when your friends make fun of you for joining a chameleon forums website

Howdy,

...when your wife, who has no interest in chameleons, spontaneously has an informed conversation about Ca, D3, and bone loss with her doctor :).

Back
Top Bottom