Would he even use this?

Amadeus_peasant

IMG_2748.png

I’m just curious to see if you guys think a male panther chameleon would use one these fake plant mats. He’s between 1-2 years old and has never tried to eat the plants in his enclosure (live and fake)

Personally and as per advised of majority, it is better to use real plants. You don’t have to cover the bottom of the enclosure with fake moss or carpet, it’ll just become a bacteria haven.

I think she intended to use it like a "living" plant wall except it's fake lol. Don't think OP was thinking about placing on floor of enclosure but I could be wrong....

Those living plant walls are pretty darn cool and may end up in a future enclosure of my own!

I think she intended to use it like a "living" plant wall except it's fake lol. Don't think OP was thinking about placing on floor of enclosure but I could be wrong....

Those living plant walls are pretty darn cool and may end up in a future enclosure of my own!
If she’s going to use the plastics base to run live plants to crawl on it, I see no problem.

Hi and welcome. While they would probably look nice on a back wall, I would advise against using them. While I don’t foresee that they could cause any direct problem to your chameleon, they aren’t of much benefit either. Pretty backdrops are available. I think Neptune the chameleon has a link to a great place and possibly a discount code. https://www.neptunethechameleon.com/

So I was thinking of putting up just one piece that was like 15x24 on the back of the enclosure to see if he would want to climb on it. I just didn’t know if anyone had any experience with them and their chameleons

If you’re looking into adding a background, you could buy plexiglass or any safe flat background materials and use spray foam to create texture of rocks and create custom hole fittings for potted vine plants. Attach some branches too. Google and search hereof DIY background for chameleons.

The UVB destroys the plastic and they end up falling out all over the place in a million pieces after a while. They do make nice backgrounds for a photo booth but not great in a cage for very long.

Back
Top Bottom