Wont eat in cage....

RachelRiot

The last couple of days Brody hasnt been eating. I tried giving her meal worm to spark her interest in her food and nothing. Totally not like her.

Well yesterday I accidentally left the cage door open (she has her own room with almost nothing in it so she is safe) she managed to get out of the cage, down the cord for her light, and across the room to my feeder bins. She had a ball picking her own crickets from the bin. All of the other bins have lids so she couldnt get to anything else but she will only eat like this.

I have tried everything. I went out and bought wax worms which she usually loves and nothing. She only wants to make her way to the cricket buffet. :(

Now I dont have a problem with her being out but I wanted to ask some questions. Does she need her heat all day long? I am worried that the other side of the room isnt heated so is she going to get too cold?

Also is it ok to hang her UV light above the cage instead of resting it on it? She has been enjoying sitting on top of the cage and obviously she isnt getting the uvb light if she is right next to it.

We are considering creating a free range area of the room. How do you all feel about free ranging?

Sorry to bombard with all the questions. She has been really routine up until now. We thought she might be gravid and put together her bin but she isnt interested in it at all. Its all about the adventure to cricket world for her.

Back
Top Bottom