Why the female chameleon choose the bottom of the cage ?

I have 2 questions.

Excuse me~
Q1. How many days shoud I keep using the springe?
Could she get well as usual?
Q2. Could you tell me if I give my chameleon too much calcium, what could happen ?
Thank you so much ~
Looking forward your rely~

Q1. How many days shoud I keep using the springe?
Could she get well as usual?
Q2. Could you tell me if I give my chameleon too much calcium, what could happen ?
Thank you so much ~
Looking forward your rely~

Those are difficult to answer accurately with the information I can get from you over the internet.

But I'll do my best-

how long to keep using- I would use until she behaves normally during the day (climbs, thermoregulates, drinks, feeds and generally moves about again in a normal manner (as she improves, she should feed even though you are using this mix 1x per day because it will pass through her pretty quickly as she gets better and she will begin to get hungry- it is nevertheless likely she will gain weight on this mix- all that I have fed it to, gained weight, sometimes a surprising amount if they were very sick and thin)).

Realistically, if you don't see an improvement within a couple of weeks, odds are probably not too good for success. Meanwhile, I still suggest you try to find a veterinarian if at all possible. You might try here:

http://www.wsava.org/China.htm

Because of the deformity in her rear leg, I would use more calcium with d3 dusted on her food for a while- maybe a couple of months. And again, I would make sure her UVB light is current (no older than 6 months) and/or give her direct sunlight outdoors if possible.

It is possible she could recover, but her leg will never look the same.
It is also possible she has other problems- so hard to tell over the internet, which is why a veterinarian would be ideal.

Too much calcium can harm your chameleon, but is very hard to do just by dusting alone. Most form members here use calcium at nearly every feeding. It is possible- but would take a long period of time, unless you are just feeding it to her directly in large amounts.

I think the first chameleon eggs were probably dried out when you found them and that is why they were hard. Were they also infertile, and maybe yellow? They dry very quickly- if you were away when they were laid, and if they were laid directly on the cage floor rather than in dirt, then they would dry very rapidly after being laid. Would have not been the calcium content. I don't believe eggs could take in too much calcium- I think it would have remained in the mother's body, not the egg- the egg would have taken only what was needed and left the rest behind in her.

Good luck with her.

Back
Top Bottom