Where to buy crickets online.. CHEAP?

Pensfan7125

So I planned on ordering crickets online for my veiled chameleon and looked at a few sites like healthycrickets.com, Mulberry Farms, Flukers's and many more. I live in Pennsylvania and was wondering if you guys could provide some advice?

I don't really want to pay over $30 like what I've been looking at. :(

Ghanns' is good and they are a site sponsor. I have also ordered from cold bloods. They are in massachusetts so fairly close to you.

Does Ghann's provide free shipping?

No. Ghanns doesn't do free shipping or really anyone for crickets that I've ever seen. However, Armstrong crickets does second day shipping for 5-6 bucks and are very good quality. I believe it's like 23 and change for 1000 crickets shipped second day air.

No. Ghanns doesn't do free shipping or really anyone for crickets that I've ever seen. However, Armstrong crickets does second day shipping for 5-6 bucks and are very good quality. I believe it's like 23 and change for 1000 crickets shipped second day air.

You must live close by a distribution center. It usually cost me $30 for 500

They grow slower and will live longer if kept at approx 70-75 temps but must have good hydration and mix of dry food as well as fresh fruits and veggies. I have cricket waterers but have found that if I keep enough fruits and veggies I don't need to use waterers. Have u thought about breeding your own? It is easy and I found all the info I needed on this site!!! I have 2 mid size tubs and another for larger crickets as well as 4 breeder tubs. I put egg bins with adults every 2 weeks so I can always have different sizes,also I put screen over egg bins to reduce predation from adult males. Some one here gave me that idea(can't remember who but it works!!!) If you can't find info pm me and I will find it for u. I have been able to get answers to ANY question I had on this forum!!! People here are VERY informed and HELPFUL!!! Best thing I did was to join this forum of friendly folks!!!

You must live close by a distribution center. It usually cost me $30 for 500

No not really actually. I live in pa, so I think you are closer. 30 for 500 is usually the price with overnight shipping. I believe it's like 14 plus 15.95 to overnight you pay right? I haven't ordered since the beginning of December but if u select 2nd day ship instead of overnight they charge me $18 per thousand and 5.95 shipping The last few orders i made. But like i said that was for 2nd day and not overnight. The kammers actually gave me that tip awhile back.

I was second guessing myself after reading your comment lol so had to check my Paypal account. Here is a copy and paste from there.
Qty Item Options Price
1 1,000 Crickets
Item # 1000C-GA-23.1000 $18.00 USD
1 Shipping
Item # 2nd Day Air (shipped Monday-Wednesday) $5.95 USD
Amount $23.95 USD

No not really actually. I live in pa, so I think you are closer. 30 for 500 is usually the price with overnight shipping. I believe it's like 14 plus 15.95 to overnight you pay right? I haven't ordered since the beginning of December but if u select 2nd day ship instead of overnight they charge me $18 per thousand and 5.95 shipping The last few orders i made. But like i said that was for 2nd day and not overnight. The kammers actually gave me that tip awhile back.

Gotcha! I lost a lot with overnight while still in the package, I would hate to lose more than that with 2nd day. Have you had good luck with 2nd day. I assume it takes two days :)

Gotcha! I lost a lot with overnight while still in the package, I would hate to lose more than that with 2nd day. Have you had good luck with 2nd day. I assume it takes two days :)

Overnight is actually the only guaranteed way of shipping they have but personally I have never had problems with 2nd day there. Much better than other suppliers I used in the past anyways. If u ever have a big loss with overnight just email them. From what I hear they are great about that and from what I understand they have been around longer than most anyone, even many cricket companies used them to fill their inventories during the whole big cricket virus awhile back. Last time I ordered I even forgot to add any heat packs and they included them free of charge. Top notch service every time I ordered. And for Ed(chameleons only/ kammerflage) to recommend them means a lot to me. And yes, it has always been 2 days every time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom