Where is everyone?

There are a lot of very knowledgeable members that I miss. If any of those members are reading this and have an opinion on how I can improve things, please let us know or send me a pm. The two people you mention above did have some life changing events that I'm sure have at least contributed to their absence. Matt opened a veterinarian practice and Brad adopted two kids.

the number one way to improve this site's reputation is to open up a review forum so members don't get riped off by site sponcers. like me.

don't even go into why you wont do it. I already know. but that was not the question you asked. ;)

Harry

I don't post anymore because I no longer keep chameleons after 9 years. In that time I kept many different species but now I just keep leopard geckos and oriental fire-bellied toads. I do however regularly have a quick look at these forums. I do expect I will own another chameleon one day but not any time soon.

I agree, things are a bit different than in 2007, but Brad it is not the site or forum dynamics. There are certainly alot more "active" members than there were back then. Many new faces to the hobby, many new breeders. I for one have stuck around but my posting has slowed way down due to a demanding job and my new granddaughter. I still have plenty of chams, and am more than happy to help!

Ive learned so much from coming on this forum and ive only been here for a few months, and its all thanks to the veterans of this forum someday i will be one haha...hopefully :p

I was amazed by the sheer number of members who join for a few days never to return.

Probably lots of people like me. I saw a chameleon at PetSmart, and really wanted it. I came home to do some research, and this site came up in Google. In order to see any posted photos, I had to register.

The ones who leave I am guessing are the one who realize there is a serious commitment of time, money, and resources to care for these animals. It isn't as easy as the PetSmart salesperson makes it out to be.

Others stick around since they are still interested in making the commitment and are either continuing to learn or are asking for additional advice now that they made the purchase.

As for me, I have not bought anything yet. Still learning. Thanks to all the great folks who have answered my questions.

-Mike

Interesting observation, only Linda, Chamgirl, and myself are from 2007 or earlier that have posted on this thread.

Interesting observation, only Linda, Chamgirl, and myself are from 2007 or earlier that have posted on this thread.

Hey I am from early 2008, that is close right? I am much the same as you in far as I do spend a lot of time reading on the forum but post less often. I do always answer pm's if anyone has a question. If all the information I can offer has already been given, I mostly read the thread and move on. I like to think of myself as an active, helpful part of the forum who is available when someone asks for help I can provide. As compared to Lynda, or to you Julie, I often chose to leave it to the two of you who I consider more knowledgeable.:D

I talked to Brad Ramsey and he told me about the same thing as Brad posted, his focus is on his family. I think he has his priorities in line. Lots of us can pick up the slack on here but his 2 boys are growing up and need him. I personally am happy for Brad even as I miss him.

Hey I am from early 2008, that is close right? I am must the same as far as I do spend a lot of time reading on the forum but post less often. I do always answer pm's if anyone has a question. If all the information I can offer has already been given, I mostly read the thread and move on. I like to think of myself as an active, helpful part of the forum who is available when someone asks for help I can provide. As compared to Lynda, or to you Julie, I often chose to leave it to the two of you who I consider more knowledgeable.:D

I talked to Brad Ramsey and he told me about the same thing as Brad posted, his focus is on his family. I think he has his priorities in line. Lots of us can pick up the slack on here but his 2 boys are growing up and need him. I personally am happy for Brad even as I miss him.

Laurie-you are seriously one of my favorite people on this forum, and I so enjoyed meeting you at Daytona! You are a fair objective poster that shoots straight when someone needs to hear some good info!

As for Brad-I cannot even imagine keeping up with my cham crew with 2 young school age boys! That must be crazy! I do miss him here though!

There are some members who used to post frequently in times gone by that haven't posted much lately...are you still out there??

Sorry...I've just been busy over the Thanksgiving holiday. I'll try to be on more frequently going forward.

Oh wait...not me??? Sorry!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I miss allot of the experienced members that use to post such as Brad Ramsey, Camgirl and Dr. Wheelock as mentioned along with Royden, Vertex, Chams 1, Tygerr, Justin Carl, Nicodemayo, jojackson, PardalisGirl, Will Hayward and Frans (dodolah) just to name a few. I know we all have very busy lives and we have to put priorities first but they are still missed.

Good list Jann, then there are the few like Kristina who got out of Chams (Mellers) for Pugs, and Tyler Stewart who went to Tortoises. Catherine is still around, Nico is still around, they just don't post consistently.

Hello, I'm still here (unually everyday), but haven't posted much. No chameleon yet. Actually maybe considering not getting one :(

Laurie-you are seriously one of my favorite people on this forum, and I so enjoyed meeting you at Daytona! You are a fair objective poster that shoots straight when someone needs to hear some good info!

As for Brad-I cannot even imagine keeping up with my cham crew with 2 young school age boys! That must be crazy! I do miss him here though!

Thanks, that is the nicest thing anyone has said to me in a while.:) I enjoyed meeting you but would have liked more time to get to know you. Maybe next time we will have time to get to know each other.

I am still around, I have just chosen to lurk more then post...

I would attribute the lack of posts due certain members attitudes overall or just in general their very presence...

I will typically only answer in a forum were the proper answer was not given, or I can answer the question... Otherwise I will only read...

Thanks, that is the nicest thing anyone has said to me in a while.:) I enjoyed meeting you but would have liked more time to get to know you. Maybe next time we will have time to get to know each other.

Laurie-next year no hubby! He was a trooper-but I felt like I needed to entertain him. I would be happy to hang with you all weekend!

Laurie-next year no hubby! He was a trooper-but I felt like I needed to entertain him. I would be happy to hang with you all weekend!

Yes that would be wonderful except for the first time MY hubby may join my sister & I.:( I love him to death but do enjoy a couple of weeks away on my own. Guess we will see.

Back
Top Bottom