On his way out

Alright yall, today seems to be the day. Our 5 year veiled boy, who has been slowing down, has assumed his 'time to go' position toward the bottom of his cage. He isn't responsive, eyes are open still but almost no movement, we wedged a towel up under him cuz he was dangling a bit in a very uncomfortable looking way. He moved slightly and has since sort of relaxed onto the towel. My question is, how do you know when they are gone gone? We plan to completely leave him alone now and let him go as peacefully as possible, he still takes a breath every once in a while. Will he change colors or is there an amount of time without a breath? I have no interest in posting a picture of him as he deserves his dignity in his last hours. Please be kind, he's been our little angry buddy for a long time and we are sad about this.

I’m so sorry your buddy is passing. Sounds like you’ve given him a wonderful long life. 💙 I have no advice, just sending my condolences. It is never easy to let them go.

I’m so very sorry. When I lost one of my sweet angels, I knew in my heart that he had left me, but I was not only wanting to make absolute certain, but in my grief, I was in denial. I placed him in a soft little box and waited, continuously checking on him (except for when I was asleep). The next day there was no doubt as his little body had stiffened by then. I closed his little box and took him for cremation. He didn’t darken the way I expected. His fired up red came out, but it was a darker and muddier red.
My heart goes out to you and I wish you peace and healing. (((💗 )))

Back
Top Bottom