What's the story behind your username?

So this was started in another thread so I thought we could start a thread about. So everyone, whats the story behind your fun username!

Heres mine!
It’s kind of strange. First I really like birds and a birb is a round cute bird, whereas a borb is a bird who take roundness to the extreme! I’ve debated about changing the birb to borb but I’ve had birb for awhile here and that it might confuse people if I change it.
As for the ghost part, it was an inside joke with some friends that my dog’s farts killed me and I turned into a ghost.
So ya! Ghostbirb :)

Here’s a fun little explanation I found online of a birb
IMG_1867.jpeg
My name is basic cause you can never have enough Mike's around. 😂

My husband set up my account about 15 years ago, but for whatever reason he used his standard username for himself. My name is actually Michelle, which I finally added to my signature line a few years ago after being called Bill a lot. And no, we're not huge Absolut vodka drinkers.

This is the first social media site I had ever registered with so I didn’t know how the name thing worked. I also didn’t have a cham I was still in research phase when joining the forum. I had recently become a grandma and my first name started with k so that’s how GrannyK was chosen.

My proudest achievement of the 20th century was reproducing Trioceros deremensis. This species is unique because the babies hatch robin's egg blue and then fade to green after a couple weeks. So, seeing blue deremensis in person is a very special event. Usually only the breeders experience that. It is still a fond memory.
macro front.jpg

My proudest achievement of the 20th century was reproducing Trioceros deremensis. This species is unique because the babies hatch robin's egg blue and then fade to green after a couple weeks. So, seeing blue deremensis in person is a very special event. Usually only the breeders experience that. It is still a fond memory.
View attachment 347458
That is so cool! I love how you encourage these species that aren't as common.

View attachment 347458
Absolutely stunning! Congratulations!

View attachment 347458

I had one batch of the blue babies hatch years ago…and one by one, they all died after a couple of weeks. I knew when each was going to die because the top of the head would turn a funny colour the day before. They all looked so healthy. The vets and I couldn’t figure it out.

I had one batch of the blue babies hatch years ago…and one by one, they all died after a couple of weeks. I knew when each was going to die because the top of the head would turn a funny colour the day before. They all looked so healthy. The vets and I couldn’t figure it out.
I'm so sorry to hear this :(

The story behind my username is quite complicated and long. But long story short, a man with the last name "Mendez" met a woman. They had a child and passed that family name down to him. That kid grew up liking chameleons and created a chameleon forums account. And since this kid lacks wit or creativity, he used "Mendez" as his username.

Long story even shorter, that kid is me. And my last name is Mendez.

Back
Top Bottom