What kind of Cham is this?

Jac1582

Saw this lil lady at the reptile show and snapped a pic, the breeder said that's a characteristic of that specific kind. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346035092.466926.jpg

Hi there! This is a translucent veiled female. I am pretty sure piebald is with darker patterns. The pink parts are the tranlucent areas.

I should've bought her just for the super defining characteristics of her, she was only $100 but I'm filled to the limit with animals in my house lol..anymore animals and I need to build another house

Pie bald has both translucent features and patches of black, if you look on her arm I believe there are some black patches.

Yeah there were several black patches on her, I thought she was sick or diseased at first since I'd never seen one before

Well, this "piebald" or translucent trait results from a defect in the layer of skin where pigment cells occur. Some breeders select for this trait. IMHO, it is one sign of inbreeding that could be linked to other health issues if the breeder isn't being cautious. I don't mean to insult anyone who likes this trait...I prefer chams in their original natural colors.

The original animals were supposed to have come from the wild. The carriers of the trait can be bred out to normal veileds so there is no reason to inbreed them.

Back
Top Bottom