What is my new baby?

wendyeeeo

Established Member
I just bought a new veiled (rescued, really) from a pet store. They claimed it was a five month old male veiled. I think it looks like a 'she' and is much younger. I think I have the proper cage for him, but if it's a 'her' I need advice on the nesting box setup. I'd also appreciate any info on the specifics of my new cutie if anyone cares to share. I already own a female adult Jackson's, but this is my first veiled beauty.

Thanks!!

**Hopefully my picture will upload. I'm new to the forum and not having the best luck with photos.

Attachments

• New baby.jpg
    New baby.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 143
I would say from the single stripe and thin'ish tail that it would be female, but i don't have much chameleon experience at this point. And yeah, i would say its younger than 5 months.

Good luck

I will post another photo as soon as I can in the morning. He/she is asleep now. Thanks for the quick reply!! :eek:)

From the lack of tarsal spur and hemi-penal bulge of any kind, I would say female.
Just post another picture for sure.
Congrats on your new cham!!:D

What is my baby picture 2

Here's another picture when she was exploring her umbrella plant. Not sure if you can see much with this resolution. She was very active when I got her home!:D

Attachments

• plant too big!.jpg
    plant too big!.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 99
Baby pic 3

I'll get better pics tomorrow - here's the new baby strutting her stuff. (I'm just guessing she's a 'she' at this point). :confused:

Attachments

• baby on umbrella smaller.jpg
    baby on umbrella smaller.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 95
Here's another picture when she was exploring her umbrella plant. Not sure if you can see much with this resolution. She was very active when I got her home!:D

thats second picture is adorable. she looks like a little green monkey

thats second picture is adorable. she looks like a little green monkey
So true!! I fell in love with her the minute I saw her. I could NOT leave that store without taking her home. She was so scared and was hiding behind a leaf in the cage whenever someone walked by.

I agree that second picture is adorable but so is the first one. i am also thinking female but either way that baby is a keeper:D:D:D:D

Back
Top Bottom