Weight of a Trioceros Sternfeldi (Rudis) Chameleon

dtork

Can anyone who knows how much a Trioceros Sternfeldi (Rudis) Chameleon should weigh please let me know?

I just weighed them both and am wondering what their 'norm' should be.

And if anyone on this forum has one can you weigh yours so I can compare weights?

Thanks in advance for your help.

I have two gravid females at the moment and a male. I'm sure the gravid weight isn't going to help you out much, but I can weigh the male if you'd like.

I have two gravid females at the moment and a male. I'm sure the gravid weight isn't going to help you out much, but I can weigh the male if you'd like.
Yes please... actually why not weigh all three so we can know how much a gravid female weighs as well.
My male weighs 3 grams and my female weighs 4 grams. That just seems so small to me. I am wondering if it is accurate. I used a postal scale, put a bowl on it and set to zero... then put my chameleon in the bowl and it came up 3 & 4 grams.

Yes please... actually why not weigh all three so we can know how much a gravid female weighs as well.
My male weighs 3 grams and my female weighs 4 grams. That just seems so small to me. I am wondering if it is accurate. I used a postal scale, put a bowl on it and set to zero... then put my chameleon in the bowl and it came up 3 & 4 grams.

I will go take their weights right now. Be back momentarily.

Wow. Mine really must be skinny... That is my female in my avatar picture and I dont think she looks skinny, I also have pictures of my male 'Rudy' here on this site.

Well, I wouldn't say that she is skinny. My females have the belly of a toad right now. They are about to explode. That is why their weight is so high. I will weigh them again post birth that way we can see a comparison.

Wow. Mine really must be skinny... That is my female in my avatar picture and I dont think she looks skinny, I also have pictures of my male 'Rudy' here on this site.

I bet your scale is not accurate to such a low weight. Four grams is really tiny.

I found a lady on facebook.... look up " ChamEO " she does Chameleon Education and Outreach. I will definately be following her and her facebook page. She had a group of 5 Rudis and their weights were, 11,11,9,8,5..... So I would guess the average adult weight to be between 8 & 11.

OMG... I am such an idiot. Old age I guess ! I did not have my reading glasses on when I read the scale. Today I weighed them again and it said .3 and .4 .... I didn't see the decimal point without my glasses. I put my glasses on and realized that it was set to ounce not grams. Duh ! I feel like an idiot. So in reality my female weighs 13 grams and the male weighs 10 grams. That makes more sense to me.

Back
Top Bottom