WC Panther-Tongue problem

I dont see that going well :p

Ziplock bag, get them in the corner, fold it over, to where their contained in the corner.
Mash the crap out of them!:)

Cut the tip off the bag, and squeeze into chameleons mouth :)

Lol good idea there, But I must add that I got this terrible picture of a cake being decorated with cricket frosting.. lol

Oh ok!:)

SOLID SNAKE'S SPECIAL CRICKET FROSTING
ingredients:

4 cups Powdered Sugar
4 tablespoons Butter, softened
1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
4-6 tablespoons of Whole Milk
20 Large crickets

preparation:

In your mixing bowl add the powdered sugar, butter and vanilla. Turn your mixer on medium low and slowly add your crickets, then the whole milk. Adding more milk if needed. Increase the speed to medium until fluffy.

*for special ocassions tint the frosting with food color!
*In a pich, crickets can be substuted with 25 superworms

Do you need my dubia brownie recipe as well?
I guess you dont like cake...

Mentally I kind of ruled out the deficiencies for the WC reason, But i think its slightly possible depending how long he was held wherever prior to import. But I know he is still dehydrated and getting plenty of water atm. Should I wait it out, and keep trying to get him to eat as is or get him to the vet?

I would definately get him to the Vet!........ He may be able to say whats wrong, rite off & he will give him the whole workover.... parasites,,,ect,ect, It wouldnt be a bad idea to keep him from your other chams... unless you already are

Oh ok!:)

SOLID SNAKE'S SPECIAL CRICKET FROSTING
ingredients:

4 cups Powdered Sugar
4 tablespoons Butter, softened
1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
4-6 tablespoons of Whole Milk
20 Large crickets

preparation:

In your mixing bowl add the powdered sugar, butter and vanilla. Turn your mixer on medium low and slowly add your crickets, then the whole milk. Adding more milk if needed. Increase the speed to medium until fluffy.

*for special ocassions tint the frosting with food color!
*In a pich, crickets can be substuted with 25 superworms

Do you need my dubia brownie recipe as well?
I guess you dont like cake...

lmao! But on a serious note... How do I go about adding the supplents to this "frosting"? dust the crickets then mash/blend? Just blend then throw a pinch or two of cal plus?

Well Oakley is definitely not a fan of your "frosting" SS:( He spits out anything that I put in his mouth.. So it looks like I really dont have any other option other than to just let him attempt to eat when he wants? I can keep trying the force feeding but It just seems like it is a lot of stress on him

:(

Well, will he hand feed?
He's eating right? Just not shooting far?

Whenever I put my hand in front of him he gos apes**t, I dont see him ever handfeeding.
He had one cricket yesterday, and one cricket saturday, thats all I have seen him eat. Yeah no distance with the tongue, Its like he cant grasp the concept if he just moves an inch closer he can get it. But he just gives up

If he's eating a cricket here and there just let him be. He'll come around even if his tongues not 100 % trust me he's faster than a cricket when it come to crunch time tongue or not. You should see my girl go crazy when I place a cricket she's sometime so overwhelmed she just runs up and bites it like :eek:. Shed try taking my finger off if I try hand feeding. I have never seen a chameleon so overly excited to see a cricket.

Ive noticed that they dont like to get to close to feeders, like they are scared they will alert it, and it will take off.
What enclosure is he in now?
Maybe try putting him in a "feeding bin" if you cant get him to eat.
Like a bare tote, just one stick or so to sit on, and throw his feeders in there.
Just for while he is feedeing. That way you could control the max distance of the feeders. IDK, just an idea:confused:

Well its lights out now so atm there is nothing i can do. I got my bb flies in the mail today so I set some up in a cup and Ill be trying those tomorrow, and just give him a little more privacy. I have been in and out of there quite a bit since i noticed the problem. He is currently in a 16x16x30 screen cage, But he will have a 24x24x48 within the next month.

I think that is small enough for him to find feeders. Id give it somr time, and keep an eye on it then. Could just be bruised, jarred, or somthing, and needs to heal. Are you giving supplements yet?
I think the BBF are a good thing, will get his attention, and maybe use his tongue more.
Id watch him as much as possible during feeding. Might give you a better idea of whats going on, especially if he goes for the flies.

I think that is small enough for him to find feeders. Id give it somr time, and keep an eye on it then. Could just be bruised, jarred, or somthing, and needs to heal. Are you giving supplements yet?
I think the BBF are a good thing, will get his attention, and maybe use his tongue more.
Id watch him as much as possible during feeding. Might give you a better idea of whats going on, especially if he goes for the flies.

Yeah the feeders I put in there so far all have been dusted. I put a t shirt over the front of his cage, with just enough room to see what he is doing. If these flies dont spark an interest, idk what will. Just have to wait and see.

this is happened to me before. my chams tongue won't go far. and at first i though it was because i was hand feeding him too much that i didn't allow him "actually use his tongue" then i figured it was from dehydration so that might be a possibility. its happened to at least 3 of my chams and i tried watering them more often and stopped hand feeding them for a few days (i would let him catch them) and it seemed to work:D

Unfortunately, Oakley has passed away through the night :( I found him in his tree this morning all black, tongue out. I feel terrible about this, he was only with me a week and a half... Even though he came to me in bad shape I still feel like there was more I could have done. BLAH..

Back
Top Bottom