Vibrations from subwoofer

Bunke

I'm about to move my speaker setup and I want to know how my chameleon gets affected by the vibrations from my subwoofer, and in general music?

Cheers!

Mine don't seem overly bothered by my stereo and it aint small.
Movies with sudden booms seem to bother them more than music

As long as its good vibes music they'll probably like it:)

My cage is on my computer desk using home stereo speakers, right next to his cage. I turn on the music once in a while, he seems to be ok except when I turn on loud bass music like dubstep or so...lol. He runs all over the place.

IMAG0256.jpg

I'm about to move my speaker setup and I want to know how my chameleon gets affected by the vibrations from my subwoofer, and in general music?

Cheers!

since chams don't have an external ear but do have the inner ear with all the parts, it is presumed (but not verified by any study that I have ever seen) that they can hear low frequency sounds as do other animals with similar ear anatomy. I have never housed any chams near any subwoofers only because they have never been in the same room, but I wouldn't do it anyway. IMO it has a lot of potential for causing stress. just looking at the other comments that were made reaffirms my opinion, for that matter.

my chameleon is right next to my computer but i keep the chameleon on the right of the comp and the subwoofer to the left of the comp
she does not get bothered at all by music or games or music
and thats cause i like metal music
she even sleeps through it at night straight up knocked out!!
to wake her you have to touch her but i dont since i dont like my sleep disturbed :D

lol! does ANYTHING wake a chameleon when they're sleeping? I think Bootsy Collins could plug in and play right next to them and they still wouldn't wake up! :cool:

continuing my thoughts above, everyone's version of bass and subwoofers are certainly different too. but I still personally wouldn't put my chams near my subwoofers based on the bass that my equipment puts out for movies and tunes.

lol! does ANYTHING wake a chameleon when they're sleeping? I think Bootsy Collins could plug in and play right next to them and they still wouldn't wake up! :cool:

continuing my thoughts above, everyone's version of bass and subwoofers are certainly different too. but I still personally wouldn't put my chams near my subwoofers based on the bass that my equipment puts out for movies and tunes.

I have a subwoofer also but not near my cham. The deep bass sound DOES create heavy vibrations even on humans, to a chameleon, it'll just blow them away, literally. I wouldn't put them near one. But to my 6 inch speaker woofer, it's fine, doesn't bother him.

2 15"s and a 12"

Maybe it is because I got my cham when he was so young, but he is situated 3 feet from a 12 inch subwoofer and about 10 feet from 2 15". I DJ semi-professionally so it gets LOUD and my house SHAKES. It does not seem to bother him at all; in fact for the first week I had him he would curl up much like a cat in the corner of his cage closest to the sub. I do turn of the sub directly next to him though if I am going to spin drumnbass.
I noticed that when I let him crawl on me when im watching TV he tends to want to curl up in my left elbow next to my heart beat, so after a little research and finding that Chameleon has 70 - 110 bpm heart rate. I took the middle and chose 90 - then found a lot of songs that had 90 bpm or played a lot of 90 bpm music for him and he loved it. I was also able to double it to 180 with no difference. However, between the 90 and 180 he went form his usual perch to wanting to hide. But once i hit about 178 bpm (changing the bpm about 1 or 2 per 30 seconds) he started to come back out and returned to his perch.

Experiment with different songs that have basses that mimic heart beats -
lub->dub->lub which is why I found drumnbass to work so well for my cham.
Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom