Playing instruments / Music in your home with a Chameleon

Steve A

Chameleon Enthusiast
I play guitar, and my rig is very loud. I understand that can't actually 'hear' since they don't have ears. However, It's a pretty boomy rig and definitely puts off vibration. Not like a bass, but it definitely will cause vibrations. I haven't really been able to play in a while, but I was curious. Does anyone else play instruments in here? Guitar, bass, or drums? If so, when you play , do you notice any kind of response or behavior from your chameleon??

Spikes cage is at the opposite end of the house. However, it is a really small house. Even if I close the door, I am betting he should be feeling at least something if I were to play. Any thoughts? Should I refrain?

Depends if you are good…

😝
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I can play. But I don't want his little world to feel like he's in an earthquake or in danger of a huge predator walking by lmao I feel like it won't be a thing, but I'm curious.

I feel like vibrations have significance to them since they can't actually hear, and because they specifically use it.

I'm not great or anything lmao but I'm alright. But the thing is my sound can be pretty boomy. My house is real small and although I've recently downsized to a 2x12 cab, I'm still playing a pretty beefy rig. In reality, his enclosure is, maybe 20 feet or so from my speakers.

Holy cow!!!! This is what I’d do, I’d okay but watch my guy on his chamera and see what his response is.
yeah thats a good idea! My PC is right next to my guitar rig so that works out :D I will do that and see how he responds, or if he even does.

My house is like.... 900 sq ft lol :LOL: Hopefully I can try tomorrow, but that's good to know it didn't affect your chameleon(s) :)
Oh well I guess the important thing to say would have been that he plays it within 5 feet of his enclosure which is in a portion of our living room. But yeah I’m curious to see if yours reacts 😊

Oh well I guess the important thing to say would have been that he plays it within 5 feet of his enclosure which is in a portion of our living room. But yeah I’m curious to see if yours reacts 😊
Oh wow that's close! Haha I feel like that answers my question. But I'll observe him while I play and I'll reply on here with what I find 🙂 hopefully it'll be today but with my son being autistic it's not easy to play. He has to be okay with it lol

Oh wow that's close! Haha I feel like that answers my question. But I'll observe him while I play and I'll reply on here with what I find 🙂 hopefully it'll be today but with my son being autistic it's not easy to play. He has to be okay with it lol
That makes sense ☺️

I'm not great or anything lmao but I'm alright. But the thing is my sound can be pretty boomy. My house is real small and although I've recently downsized to a 2x12 cab, I'm still playing a pretty beefy rig. In reality, his enclosure is, maybe 20 feet or so from my speakers.

I'm fairly sure that spike head bobbing in his hidden chill zone. Lol. Your amazing. Not an easy fet to JAM any Pink Floyd song. Hats off! Nicely Done. Spikes lucky.

My wife bought a drum set and my Emmy turned totally black. Needless to say we got rid of the drum set!
darn.... so there is something to it at the very least. I'll have to test this and monitor it. At least it's not a drum set. hmm. Thank you!!

I play loud music on a sound system in my room, when i first got my Cham I payed close attention to him and slowly played the music louder and louder, it’s not deafening but definitely gives off vibrations from the bass and I have never noticed any change in behavior

Love that Flyers shirt dude!

Back
Top Bottom