vet visit

graydon

My 8 month old ambilobe seemed to have the symptoms of a respiratory infection. He would sneeze occasionally without opening his mouth but I never heard any popping or noise. He also hasn't been eating that much so I took him to the vet and they fully examed him and said that he was in great condition. They checked his throat, lungs, heart, vent etc.. He weighs 70 grams on the dot. The vet seemed to think he was a tiny bit underweight but I thought he was a little on the heavy side.

I have not heard him sneeze in the past few days so Im assuming it was to much humidity i was pumping into the cage. Im glad I caught it before it could have turned into a URI.

edit: the vet I saw def had some chameleon expierience so that was good. She has a jackson and a veiled

I would seriously doubt it was too much humidity unless its cold air mist while its winter.

I had a similar problem and cured it with WARM humidity. Throw him in the shower occasionally (ie in the bathroom on the shower rail or a vine draped into the shower but not allow water to hit him).

Sneezing is normal. Sometimes my Chams do this to make a point. Other times they just sneeze.

How do you pump humidity into the cage?

It was a crane cool mist humidifier and I just elevated it next to the cage and the mist pumped right through the screen. Im almost positive that was my problem because I didnt have it on a timer.

No chance! You live in Florida-and I suspect you overhumidified him. I run AC all summer and heat all winter and have never had an issue with humidity. He will transition just fine with no help. You just cannot create natural humidity!

yeah sneezing is normal anyways....poping or craking or hissing noises with a bubly foamiy mucus is URI. i mean if there sneezing alot! then it may be an issue ...but sneezing ( along with a nice yawn in the morning) is completely normal.

I know the humidity is high outside but I didnt think it would be humid inside my room.. What are LRI symptoms?

LRI is as people stated (using the wrong term URI). Excess saliva, bubbling saliva at the back of the throat, gaping, popping sound when breathing.

Since your vet said his lungs were clear he doesn't have it. If he keeps gapping then you need to get a lung wash to retrieve a sample and culture it to see what bug he has. For now cut down on the cool mist, get a humidity gauge and watch him.

Back
Top Bottom