Veiled goes to bottom of cage to poop

burnedrose

So, I've noticed Kukui does this often and just curious to see if anyone else has noticed this.

Whenever Kukui poops, he will go to the bottom of his cage, poop, and then climb back up. I wonder if it's an instinct, like "I don't want to poop near where I sleep, in case a predator smells it" or if it's just coincidence that every time I've seen him poop, he's walking on the bottom of the cage.

Now, mind you, he's not on the cage floor, but just on the small branch that is about an inch off the ground, just to give him something to climb on. It's like it's his pooping branch or something.

Mine as well goes to this one area, where he poops on the hard plastic under his cage, every time. makes amazing clean up lol

Pooping situation

I think animals are like humans when it comes down to the animal instinct of pooping. 1) We all like our privacy 2) They say our Sh@# doesn't stink...Well it does, so getting as far way from our poop isn't uncommon of an act. As a matter of fact, just watching my wife's cats, whenever they have a problem not using the liter box, its probably my wife to blame. Animals want a clean place the poop too.

So your Chameleon goes to the bottom of the cage to poop, I don't think that anything to worry about.

Back
Top Bottom