umbrella plant got mini mushroom

rummbo

I noticed bunch of tiny little mushrooms growing in the soil of my umbrella plant. Good indication that the cage is staying high in humidity but just wondering if they are harmful to cham and how to get rid of them if I need to? I have ripped them out and they just grow back.
Should I repot the umbrella and add more sand in the soil for better drainage?

If mushrooms are growing it sounds like the soil is waterlogged as mushrooms like really wet soil. I would try to get better drainage.

I unfortunately do not know if they are harmful to chams, but I would not take a chance if it was me.

If you bought this from a nursery it's not uncommon to have spores in the soil. But since they keep coming back you should really repot with different soil and add in some play sand to help the water drain. Wash it down with hot water and also wipe down the plant with banana peels to clean the leaves and it will make then shine!

Thanks!
The high level of phosphorus is definitely something I gotta address right away! I repotted this morning and add bunch of crushed up pumice stone for better drainage.

Back
Top Bottom