Trying to bring back t. perreti

Dannysc

Have a male and female t. perreti. The male is an adult and has bred, the female is a young female finally reaching maturity. As far as I've researched I'm the only one left with them. I am hoping to successfully breed them but they have yet to show any interest at all. Thinking she may be gravid also with an infertile clutch. I'm doing this kinda blind with very little info on them from a couple people who have had them in the past. I am always open to gaining knowledge about them if anyone has had them in the past or even has them now.
IMG_20160703_164510.jpg
IMG_20160703_165145.jpg
IMG_20160703_164620.jpg
IMG_20160703_165258.jpg
IMG_20160703_165336.jpg

If you're the only one with this species; then wouldn't every offspring after g2 be inbred? How do you plan to sustain a healthy line?

I was going to ask this exact question.

Is the ability to Import still on the table? If a custom order was placed? What is the CITEs ruling on this species?

They are on the endangered list from what I understand. No more imports. Under the circumstances there is no choice but to breed them and longterm try to breed it out.

Exactly right. I wasn't sure at first but have been mentored and told that breeding them is the only option

I would just breed and inbred if that is what is needed. Hopefully you can find someone else eventually that has some fresh blood. That is the only chance we got :).

The pressure is on now man! :).

I would just breed and inbred if that is what is needed. Hopefully you can find someone else eventually that has some fresh blood. That is the only chance we got :).

The pressure is on now man! :).
Lol the pressure is real haha. I actually had another baby but he choked on a cricket that was too big and died. Not I am extra careful

I wouldn't start having inbred chameleons. That isn't the proper way to go about it. You would only struggle to keep them healthy and in end, probably have a lot of unhealthy chameleons. Nothing good comes from inbred. Only bad genetics and health problems. Just my .02.

Is the male and female you have unrelated? If so, I would focus on getting them to breed. Get a good, healthy clutch from the female. Keep all the young ones as healthy and alive as you possibly can, and keep your fingers crossed that you can find some others that are unrelated that could be paired with your current ones that you have or hope some get imported by some odd chance.

Back
Top Bottom