toe nails

crystal9534

so i noticed today when my veiled took a little slip, that she's missing two of her back toe nails. they were taken out down to the skin, one even looks a little more than that. it doesn't look like it happened today, because there's no blood coming from them. she is having a little trouble gripping :( will they grow back? i know she likes to climb the screen, and i'm thinking her nails got caught in there and she fell and ripped them out. poor baby :(

so i noticed today when my veiled took a little slip, that she's missing two of her back toe nails. they were taken out down to the skin, one even looks a little more than that. it doesn't look like it happened today, because there's no blood coming from them. she is having a little trouble gripping :( will they grow back? i know she likes to climb the screen, and i'm thinking her nails got caught in there and she fell and ripped them out. poor baby :(

If the nailbed was damaged they won't grow back. Very common I'm afraid. Watch her toes for swelling or discoloration. The toes can get infected from a torn nail. You could dab a bit of Polysporin on the injured area to protect it.

if your toe nail was down to the bed then it won't grow back as the bed may have been damaged and things. If there is still toe nail there then it should grow back in due time. I had a rescue who was missing numerous nails and he did just fine with his climbing and things.

Back
Top Bottom