TODAY IS THE DAY! Female is laying eggs!

morhart

hey. everyone

this morning i woke up and checked on my little LILY ( female blue barred ambilobe panther ) and to my surprise, after a couple days of not eating, she has dug a tunnel and has her butt end sitting in it. Hopefully she lays all her eggs :) I have a few questions for whoever is more knowledgeable than I. Firstly. Roughly how long will does it take for her to lay? So i do not disturb her at all. Secondly. How long after she lays her eggs do i dig them up and start preparing for incubation? can i use my fingers or should i use tweezers or tongs to move egg? sI already have decided i will be using an incubator as i live in canada and its freezing here lol. vermiculite when you squeeze it and a only couple drops come out is right? put in a tupperware container filled half way with two small holes on either side for oxygen exchange? thumb indent and place eggs an inch apart? and a little bit of water on container lid? temp should at 78 F? and as for humidity im not to sure about, please correct me if im doing anything wrong. This is my first clutch and hopefully if all successful ill have some babies and tons of pics for everyone :) I appreciate everything for the last couple weeks leading up to this.

Hey, she shud let u no wen she's finished layin by cummin out and covering up her eggs. I dug up my chams eggs bout 15 mins after she was done but I don't no if there is a rite time to leave them for so Mayb sum1 else cud tell u more. I picked mine up wit fingers so I didn't turn them/they cudnt roll around. I also used 2 parts water to 1 part vermiculite. I've got veilds and I keep them at room temp. Soz cudnt b of more help x

My Veiled has just layed her eggs and I really worried about how long I should leave them, but she just got out of the bucket had something to eat and then fell asleep. So I took the eggs out then. I used tweezers instead of my fingers as I was told that grease from your fingers can contaminate the eggs, I don't know if this is right but I didn't want to take the risk. My cham took ages to cover her eggs over, she started digging Sunday morning and didn't finish covering them over till Monday evening. She must of slept in the hole. Hope it goes well.

Back
Top Bottom