This thread for Trace to ID Chams

I was also told to get rid of the dirt/substrate at the bottom of the cage that it was a "disaster in waiting".

Attachments

• Daredevil headshot.jpg
    Daredevil headshot.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 154
  • Daredevil Sideshot.jpg
    Daredevil Sideshot.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 151
  • Yoshi Sideshot.jpg
    Yoshi Sideshot.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 192
Ahoy hoy,

Thanks for the pictures! The pix are a little small but both are Senegal Chameleons as I expected. Sometimes retailers don't necessarily know what they have and I didn't want you to run into problems down the road. Daredevil is a female and Yoshi is a male. I wouldn't keep them in the same enclosure; they may get along now but as they start getting more relaxed in captivity the female may start bullying the male and she does look bigger. Otherwise I think they look okay but as I mentioned to JustSara consider having a vet check and fecal done at some point in the future as most wild caught animals have internal parasites which may compromise their health long term.

Here is a good article on Senegals for you: http://chameleonnews.com/08FebFrancis.html

The Senegals are chock full of personality so have fun with them and don't be afraid to ask questions; we are all here to help.

Cheers!
Trace

Oh they are full of personality trust me XD. I honestly think Daredevil has grown a little worried as to where Yoshi is. Yoshi loves his mommy and Daredevil loves her Daddy haha. So there is no problem with the substrate at the bottom of the cage? Or the articial vines? Ive been maintaning the temperature and humidity very closely in both there cages. Did I mention I was able to get a new cage? ^_^ I was so happy my father got me one. I really appreciate all of the help, I cant thank you enough for all that you've done.

Last edited:
Hey you are welcome!

Glad you got a second cage; it makes monitoring food intake, poops and individual behaviours so much easier! Not to mention the chameleons themselves feel more secure.

I'm not keen on substrate in cages. Accidental ingestion of bedding can cause blockage of the digestive system which can lead to death. Better safe than sorry I figure. Some people do use it with positive results but it's not for me. Also I'm lazy so picking up poops is so much easier with a bare floor! If you do use it make sure they are not eating it.

The artificial vines are fine.

Cheers,
Trace

Back
Top Bottom