tell me the truth >.< ROACHES

Yea, no, not all of us ever get over it lol. I've had roaches something like 4 years now, and just the other day I was tong feeding a panther who shot his tongue and actually punched the roach right out of the tongs. As that medium-sized nymph shot across the air and grazed my hand ever so slightly, I shrieked and then did the little icky dance as I caught it and put it back in the bin.

Oh my. I hope I never have to feed Rebel roaches. Worms and crickets are about all that I can handle. I have have hornworms coming in the mail and I am scared to touch them...lol I would break a leg if a roach every climbed on me. Guess I will learn to handle the hornworms....I will do almost anything for Rebe...lol
:D

This is a hilarious thread - thanks for brightening up my night! I just started with a few discoids, and can't bear to touch them - I do a shake method into a cricket keeper, dust, and have Kosby eat them out of there. I MIGHT be able to someday bring myself to touch a small one, but those big monsters in the bin, well, forget about it.

And not to add to the hysteria but when I was 19 I was living in the US Virgin Islands (St. John to be exact). I was repeatedly told to be careful because roaches could crawl into your ear in the middle of the night and it was really painful for them to be removed. I have no idea if this was an urban legend or not, but it did scare me for the 4 1/2 months that I lived there - btw, we weren't dirty people, there were just roaches EVERYWHERE! :D

I shrieked and then did the little icky dance

LMAO

The other day, i dropped a lobster roach while on a three foot ladder. My buddy standing next to me said " whoa, i did not know you could move that fast". Im like I will risk injury to be sure one does not get loose.

Little leaf, its true. They will climb in your mouth, nose and ears. If you dont catch them in time they will eat your brains out.

Harmless

But my guy won't eat them but once in awhile. My dragon lives on these though.... I use 10" tongs....

Oh by the way when I did feed this to my Cham one got out of the cup found it alive when cleaning at the bottom of his cage. Make sure you have tongs handy....

Little leaf, its true. They will climb in your mouth, nose and ears. If you dont catch them in time they will eat your brains out.

:eek: WHAT !!! :eek: LOL - I just told Laurie , I could not sleep AT ALL last night because of the thought of them - and I just HAD to get on here right before bed- hmm..wonder what I will dream about tonight - lol
when I was in South America, in the Amazon, one of out "camps" was a grounded boat- it was so funny, because the boat was still on is side kinda, and they just built the floor level , the windows and wall were all corked - :p, but anyway - they roaches were so big down there you could feel them if they got on your bed- no joking - we had spray we had to put out before bed to rid them long enough to sleep - so AHHHHHHHHHHH - the nightmares !! the spray did not always work :eek: you would wake up w/ them all over your bed nets !! I am building a "bug shack" ( turning the old chicken coop into a bug hut ) and ALL the feeders are going out- I just cant take it !! LOL :eek: :p

LMAO

The other day, i dropped a lobster roach while on a three foot ladder. My buddy standing next to me said " whoa, i did not know you could move that fast". Im like I will risk injury to be sure one does not get loose.

Oh I know. Once last year I was in my bed (mind you this is Florida, so bugs are a staple whether you breed them or not) and felt the tiniest step of a spiky foot and managed to go from sleeping under the covers to standing upright on my bed faster than is humanly possible. Seriously, it defied the laws of nature. And then I beat it to death with a 6' bar of wood I still had left from building cages.

In my house, there is no mercy for wild roaches!

Snipe are a REAL animal. And I have shot one. They are very skittish and hard to get a shot on, the skill involved in hunting them is where the term "sniper" comes from. It's actually a little shorebird. Just a fun fact.

9F67E34D-3A81-4800-94B5-4F0FC0A3B708-1528-0000018763948B90_zps00126c18.jpg

I am glad I don't have to feed my chame Roaches or Cocroaches for that matter since we don't have roaches here and that cocroaches are nast dirty bugs. I am down to only crickets and worms.

Snipe are a REAL animal. And I have shot one. They are very skittish and hard to get a shot on, the skill involved in hunting them is where the term "sniper" comes from. It's actually a little shorebird. Just a fun fact.

9F67E34D-3A81-4800-94B5-4F0FC0A3B708-1528-0000018763948B90_zps00126c18.jpg

I dont remember seeing any of these when I lived in FL.
Are they good to eat? :)

QUOTE]

ha- yeah right- I am not going to buy it - and cockroaches jump in your mouth - :p

Just kidding- I have seen that little bird on the shores - but shoot them? I did not know you could shoot shore birds- ( I used to hunt too- Deer- so its not a shoting thing - just did not know you could shoot a shorebird)
funny birds would come up - when I was walking into the office, there was a WILD TURKEY just standing on the sidewalk - a hen- wish I would have had the time to try to catch her - I think she got hit by a car- he wing looks like she was not holding it correct- I will ask my boss if I can go out and try to get my eyes pecked out- errr - I mean try to get her - but she is a big one !

Back
Top Bottom