T12 Fixtures

Sphynx

Hi there.

I am wanting to use the Reptisun 10.0 with my new Chameleon enclosure however I am having an extremely difficult time finding a fixture that will hold this bulb.

For those of you whom are using a T12 Reptisun Bulb can you please let me know what fixture you are using to support it? The product name and a link would be EXTREMELY appreciated however just a name is totally fine.

Thanks for your support,
Sphynx

You don't say where you are, so I'm going to assume the US. LLL Reptile and Big Apple Herps (and probably Reptile Depot) sell the fixtures, generally 24" fixture for an 18" bulb. If you have 2 cages, you can get 48" bulbs and get the fixtures and Home Depot or Lowes. They're double bulb capacity, and some put a regular flourecent bulb in the other slot for additional lighting.

www.lllreptile.com
www.bigappleherp.com

go to local hardware store and buy what ever size you need.. no waiting... get the fixture, wire, Plug.. put together and you cookin.... but here if you have a 24 inch 20 watt light you get the 24 inch fixture which will be 20 watt and if your wanting to use two lights buy the two light fixture

Hi guys.

I am located in Canada but regards to Lost Lake Chameleons. The light appears to have to be mounted onto the ceiling. My cage is not high enough to the ceiling to mount it on the ceiling and still have an effective UVB exposure range; if you get my drift?

Um... not quite. Are you saying you have a fixture, but it's mounted to the ceiling to high above the cage? You don't have to mount the fixture, you can lay it right on top of the cage.

That's what I am wondering is if these fixtures will A) work and B) just sit on top of the enclosure. If the light tube is pointing downwards won't it roll however?

Back
Top Bottom