Summer Heat

JaCoCham

Here in Southern California it gets very hot in the summer. Do chameleons still need their heat lamp in 75-80+ ambient temperature? Do they still want to bask near a heat lamp? Lately I've seen Pascal in the lower regions of his habitat, possibly seeking cooler temperatures away from the heat? What do you think...

Hi 👋
I adjust my basking time according to how warm it is, sometimes I only run it for a couple hours if it’s going to be really hot. (Mostly because I am waiting to get a new ac unit installed) but I don’t believe it has to be on a set amount of time. I would definitely make sure they have plenty time to bask on food days. @Beman @MissSkittles will know for sure ☺️

If your ambient temps are 80 you want to kick basking off. But I would strongly consider getting a window unit or portable air conditioner for the room to help cool it back down to low 70's. Heat rises in a room so it is going to be hotter in the room the higher you go. This makes them retreat down to try to get cool but when the ambient is that high they can not regulate in a cooler area.

Back
Top Bottom