stunted growth?

Meow Kitty

hey guys i have some questions about my guy, he was born
7/25/11 and he's kinda small he was in shed lock for awhile untill i upped his spraying, but he treats the water like its acid and scurries away. heres a pic i took today its hard since he's so active
~i think he's small becuase he wasnt eating much when he was ill and his eyes wernt very well.

he has been back 2 eating 10-20 crickets a day healthy poops,
is he gona stay small or will he keep growing since he's eating agian

Attachments

• 100_2861.jpg
    100_2861.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 103
  • 100_2856.jpg
    100_2856.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 128
Wow he's a tiny tim! Some chameleons are just small, maybe he's the runt of the clutch :)

Just want to throw this out there, his tummy looks a bit lumpy in the first pic. Could just be the way he's sitting, I know it can look funny when they rest thier belly on the branch. Has he ever been tested for parasites?

Yes, That is really tiny. My panther is about 8-9 months and 85 grams. Maybe a vet visit might help to do a full checkup.

Wow he's a tiny tim! Some chameleons are just small, maybe he's the runt of the clutch :)

Just want to throw this out there, his tummy looks a bit lumpy in the first pic. Could just be the way he's sitting, I know it can look funny when they rest thier belly on the branch. Has he ever been tested for parasites?

no he has not been tested for parasites, im a little broke and my parents won't let me take him to a vet becuase they say "its just a lizard" so whatever vet visit i go to i gota pay for.

also- he does have a singular lump down the middle of his body that makes a little jut, i think it maybe broken rips that healed wrong, poor guy, he doesnt seem to notice and when i felt the lump up when i first noticed he didnt seem to notice idk what it could be but its solid and it disapears when he's walking

i was worried my little guy Inigo was going to have stunded growth bc when he was ity bity he had issues with shedding and his skin like stuck and started to rot and it was a big ole mess. we took care of it and it was taking long times in between his sheds and he never grew or ate or drank then we changed up his enclosure, food size, placement of cage... we pretty much changed everthing in his entire life and now he is developing at the speed of light!!!

i was worried my little guy Inigo was going to have stunded growth bc when he was ity bity he had issues with shedding and his skin like stuck and started to rot and it was a big ole mess. we took care of it and it was taking long times in between his sheds and he never grew or ate or drank then we changed up his enclosure, food size, placement of cage... we pretty much changed everthing in his entire life and now he is developing at the speed of light!!!

alrighty cool ive been doing alot more for him i made him a new cage by a window i got new lights and i changed up temps i finally got the mist king time to work, he's looking good, he can now eat by himself which is awsome i use to have to hand feed each singular cricket

perhaps look at pictures of different cham problems such as parasites and compare it to what he looks like. if hes not dehydrated, undernourished, and his temps are right and he eats and he is active, and doesnt look, act or seem sick in any way he might just be recovering like you suspect. maybe weigh him once a week and measure him and keep a feeding and growth log and how often he sheds and if he doesnt make a change after a bit then worry. in the mean tie save up for the vet. i was a pet owner who had my parents refuse to help with my animals too :( it sucks

no he has not been tested for parasites, im a little broke and my parents won't let me take him to a vet becuase they say "its just a lizard" so whatever vet visit i go to i gota pay for.

also- he does have a singular lump down the middle of his body that makes a little jut, i think it maybe broken rips that healed wrong, poor guy, he doesnt seem to notice and when i felt the lump up when i first noticed he didnt seem to notice idk what it could be but its solid and it disapears when he's walking

A fecal exam shouldn't cost very much. That looks too low down to be a rib IMO but I could be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom