SouthBay Chameleon Keepers September meeting

I'm so Bummed:( I was really looking forward to this meeting, and it was relatively close! I got work till 6:30 so I'll never make. Ohh well there's ways next time.

How was the meeting? Did y'all go for a hike? It was my son's b-day so I couldn't make it. I did pick up some hornworms at Reptile Outlet on Beach blvd. I also caught 4 Grey Bird grasshoppers and 1 green bird grasshopper at the Party.:D

How was the meeting? Did y'all go for a hike? It was my son's b-day so I couldn't make it. I did pick up some hornworms at Reptile Outlet on Beach blvd. I also caught 4 Grey Bird grasshoppers and 1 green bird grasshopper at the Party.:D
Yes, went on hike and only one egg case found + 1 live adult female mantis. Dave and Kevin took pics. so they might post them. Sounds like you scored on the hoppers.

I would've really liked going hunting for Mantis. I have tried before with no luck and not sure where/what exactly to look for. I may be giving you a call. I still need some M FF's as I have quite a few baby mantis right now.

A Few SBCK Photos...

Howdy,

Here are a few shots from yesterday's SBCK meeting. Although I took other shots, I deleted the ones that didn't turn out up to my expectations :eek:.

Wild Mantis
Manits.jpg

Wild Mantis Ooth
MantisOoth.jpg

Wild Tarantula Hawk (More about: http://tucsoncitizen.com/wryheat/2010/07/16/tarantula-hawks-deliver-the-big-sting/)
You wouldn't know it but these guys are really big... like 2 inches big :eek:
TarantulaHawk.jpg

Asia Kauffman's Meller's
Melleri-2.jpg

Asia Kauffman's other Meller's
Melleri-3.jpg

Asia Kauffman's Panther
Panther-1.jpg

(I'll be a little more careful with my depth-of-field settings the next time I shoot chameleon close-ups :eek:. I was shooting mostly with my 24-105mm lens but I did manage to get the tarantula hawk shot with the 100mm L Macro. Not a very good shot though, as I was hand-holding from ~4-6 feet away and past sunset but at least with a flash).

Back
Top Bottom