SouthBay Chameleon Keepers September meeting

DeremensisBlue

Chameleon Enthusiast
Site Sponsor
Hello Chameleon Wranglers,
We almost didn't have a place for the meeting this month, but Kevin came through at the last minute!

We'll be holding our meeting in Brea, CA at Kevin Zamp’s apartment complex’s clubhouse on Saturday September 24 from 2PM to 5PM. There are BBQs and swimming available. Although we won't make an official list of things you are welcome and encouraged to bring meeting snacks and drinks. In addition, there will be a fridge, coffee maker, and microwave for our use.

LOOKING FOR LOS ANGELES LOCATIONS!
We have had a number of meetings in the Orange County area which has been nice for some of the members that come from this neck of the woods, but we'd like to also have meetings in the LA area. Please let either me (Bill) or Dave know if you have a spot available for the upcoming months.

RSVP with an email to: [email protected] and we will reply within a day with the address and directions to the meeting location and a phone number for personal guidance!

2pm-2:30pm……….....Meet & Greet
2:30-4pm……………...New SBCK Projects // Show & Tell
4pm-5pm………...........Feeder co-op sales and distribution
5pm++...........…………Meeting Wrap-up

******* Another reminder: If you plan on taking part in Kevin’s (Summoner12) insect feeder ordering and sometimes his LLLReptile supply ordering and are not already receiving this msg via Gmail, please send a quickie “Join” email to the [email protected] site so that you will receive his Excel spreadsheet order sheet as well as instructions, when it becomes available later in the week. *******

The "South Bay Chameleon Keepers" (SBCK) meetings are held in various locations in Los Angeles and Orange County. These free-of-charge meetings are pretty much free-flowing, with all chameleon topics open for discussion. "Show and Tell" discussions are common. We continue to have group bulk-buys (silkworms, hornworms, superworms, crickets, dubias etc.) at our meetings. Some members may be bringing these feeders to sell but that's not guaranteed. Let us know if you are looking for these feeders (or anything else) and we'll try to confirm availability (pre-ordering) before the meeting. Some keepers bring their chameleon books and magazines along with other various items to spark discussions. We also won’t stop you from bringing your chameleons, young and old, big and small. Just keep in mind that there is stress involved in the trip. So if you plan on bringing chameleons either for “Show and Tell” or for sale (pre-arranged sales are encouraged) just keep in mind your chameleon’s well-being J.

Our group ranges from long-time breeders to novice keepers. There are usually new members at every meeting.

See You There,

SBCK

(NOTE)
The www.chameleonforums.com has added a "Social Group" area that our SBCK members can associate themselves to by requesting an "Invite" (https://www.chameleonforums.com/groups/south-bay-chameleon-keepers.html). Our purpose for having the SBCK Group area on this Forum is to help SBCK members keep track of who & how to contact other SBCK members. The term "Member" is used loosely to mean anyone who attends the free meetings. If you have no intention of ever attending any of the face-to-face meetings there is no benefit to being part of the group and you will likely not be "Added" or kept in this Social Group list . This SBCK group area is not intended to replace the main forum. Use the regular Forum area for all posts. Use the SBCK group area as a means of locating other SBCK members to send PMs etc. Continue to use the latest monthly "Meeting Invite" Forum thread as a place to post to the SBCK members that are also "ChameleonForums" members. There are still a few SBCK members that are not yet Forum members but continue to receive their notices via the [email protected] emails. It also appears, for the moment, that Junior Member status on the ChameleonForums does not yet have enough "Permission Level" to join a Social Group.

Dubias for sale

I have dubias available if anyone wants me to bring them to the meeting.
Send a PM.
See you guys there!

where in the bay area is the meeting?? I need some small silk worms.

"Southbay" refers to where the group originated: a beach area in Southern Los Angeles. The group meets in the Los Angeles and Orange County areas. This one is in Orange County. Though if you are in the San Francisco bay area it may be a bit of a drive!

Looking forward to the meeting!

Hey guys. I will be making my bug run for this meeting. Please get back to me via PM on this site or to my email address. Or just post what you'd like in this thread, I'll check back before I go to get bugs.

As far as food and drink, post what you plan to bring. Dave's chicken two meetings ago was great! Dave let me know if you need rub or oil supplied, we have two rubs you can use.

I will be buying some beer for the meeting and maybe some chips.... And maybe... just maybe brats again, but a limited number :eek:

I hope everyone brings some food to share, doesn't have to be much. Kayla, if you come again, bring some of those deviled eggs... damn those were good!

I will be selling AquaZamp product as well if anyone needs anything.

Howdy Kevin,

I'm trying the "Guy Fieri Pacific Rim BBQ Sauce" marinade on half of the 8 pounds of chicken legs and the same Mediterranean marinade from last time on the other 4 pounds :).

Should I attend this one? I have so much to do.

I was thinking, maybe some of us could do a small hike nearby the meeting, and I can show you what to look for when collecting mantis egg cases.

I was thinking, maybe some of us could do a small hike nearby the meeting, and I can show you what to look for when collecting mantis egg cases.
Howdy Steve,

It just wouldn't be the same without you there :eek: If it isn't too hot, I'd like to learn about manits egg case collecting. I can understand if you don't make it to the mtg, being swamped with tasks.

By the way, if you have it available, put me down for 2 pounds of Cricket Crack please :).

You got it Dave.

I was just going to post, let me know if anyone needs; especially montane mix. I just shipped out everything I have today. So will make to order tonight before bed.

I would like a pound of cricket crack please. If you are making the montane mix I'll take that but if it's easier regular is fine.

Thanks!

Howdy Kevin,

I'm trying the "Guy Fieri Pacific Rim BBQ Sauce" marinade on half of the 8 pounds of chicken legs and the same Mediterranean marinade from last time on the other 4 pounds :).

Dave that sounds really good!!

This would be cool. Carbon canyon is just down the street and the just finished a new nature center building and parking lot.

Yes, you should attend this one! What kind of question is that?

Would love to do a hike. I have been hand feeding the wild mantids in my yard. Tame things - at least when food is at hand! It would be cool doing an egg case search!

Back
Top Bottom