Something on Jackson's Chameleon Foot/Toes?

h22turbo

Anyone know what this is?

He may have pulled a toenail out.... and its infected? That's the only thing I can think of!

He is in a Repti Breeze screen cage, Repti Sun 5.0 Bulbs, Fogger/Misting system. He mainly eats dubia, but sometimes crickets and supers.

FB_IMG_1492274511581.jpg
FB_IMG_1492274522637.jpg
FB_IMG_1492274517894.jpg

Anyone know what this is?

He may have pulled a toenail out.... and its infected? That's the only thing I can think of!

He is in a Repti Breeze screen cage, Repti Sun 5.0 Bulbs, Fogger/Misting system. He mainly eats dubia, but sometimes crickets and supers.

View attachment 180491 View attachment 180492 View attachment 180493

It looks like a nail has been pulled out to me as well. It is definitely swollen. Just keep an eye on it. I have seen this resolve itself more often than not. But, sometimes infection can set in. Screen cages can be so rough on chameleons. Sorry this happened.

If it doesn't get better, don't wait too long to take him to the vet. It happened to mine also. He ended up getting 3 anti biotic injections from the vet right into his toe. We did this over a course of 3 weeks. He lost the nail and where the nail comes out of the skin is now permanently brownish black. You can try putting on some topical like Neosporin on also.

Back
Top Bottom