So~ im having a bit of trouble

SO IM KIND OF NEW 2 THIS SITE~ I HAVE A PANTHER CHAMELEON NAMED RAINBOW BRITE SHE IS 8 MONTHS NOW & SHES VERY TIMID~ STILL WONT LET ME HANDLE HER~ ANY TIPS?? I ONLY TRY 2 TIMES A WEEK SO I WONT STRESS HER~ MY HAND ISNT VERY STEADY & THE FEW TIMES IVE TRIED SHE GETS STRESSED & TURNS 2 SNAP AT ME~ :eek: WELL IVE HAD HER SINCE SHE WAS 3 MONTHS~ & ITS ALMOST THAT TIME FOR US 2 GET A MATE ~ BUT I WANT HER TO BE SECURE WITH ME FIRST~ SHE KNOWS ME~ BECAUSE SHE'LL LET ME IN THE CAGE 2 MOVE STUFF OR CLEAN IT & SHE WILL LET ME FEED HER CRICKETS FROM A BOWL~ I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO~ JUST HOPING MAYBE SOMEONE HAS SOME ADVICE~ THANKS~ ELVA~ :D

I echo the above. Many chameleons do not like to be handled, though a few will tolerate it to a degree. Best advice is to MOVE SLOWLY. Some people find coaxing the chameleon out of its cage onto a branch that you hold (rather than directly onto your hands/arm) is easier. And also using a food bribe works for some. Personally, I try to handle mine as little as possible, as I want them to live long healthy low stress lives.

Also, I know it may be hard to accept after thinking one thing for 5 months... but that boy is going to hate you for naming him Rainbow Bright.:);) I looked through your gallery to ensure that the Cham in your Avatar is indeed the one we are speaking about ... and Yep, You have a Male Panther, not a female.

~Joe

How saddening someone 1 starred this thread!

Congrats on your male, if you thought it was a female LOL. It's better for a first time chameleon owner to have a male IMHO.

My panthers all love me and are very docile. When they see me, they know something is coming their way, either water, food, or cleaning. On occasion in the morning if they are hungry they can tend to be a little snappy, but thats about the only time. Also, when I get new chams. I refrain from handling them for a couple months to let them get used to me. Try slowly moving into her, from the front and raise her gently off her perch and if she is open mouthed use your other hand as a distraction. good luck:)

Back
Top Bottom