silkworm food

RealIzeRecognIze

Is there any food I can buy from a store for silkworms so I don't have to order mulberry? Would they eat my dinofuel/bugburger mixture? I got way too many over count in my last order( not a bad thing) they're eating all the food and Camille is believed to be prego so she's not eating too much ATM:/

I did read somewhere that they will eat grated carrots in a pinch but generally I think it's just mulberry. They can go up to a week without food but become dehydrated.

We use the powdered chow, a pound of it seems to last ages!

I know you put the eggs in the fridge but not sure if you can put the worms themselves in. Any of your neighbours got a mulberry bush? :)

Well damn I already put em in the fridge today and left for work:/ I wouldn't know what a mulberry bush looked like lol perhaps they sell the leaves at a stores nearby??

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344519104.474673.jpg

Just go garden hopping till you find something that looks like this :D

Don't put the worms into the fridge as they might die. Eggs ok. They will hatch in warmer temperatures. Some are ok with eating dandelion leaves but usually they are very programmed on mulberry. If they are big enough and don't have any more food left they simply cocoon. Depending on the temperature they hatch soon after or one year later.

Whereabouts in the fridge did you put them? If they're in the door or something they might be ok! I've heard of folks trying to keep the eggs in the fridge do they won't hatch but they hatch anyways cause its not cold enough.

Sux if they all die. But I have fedd them bug burger and they did eat it. i dont know exactly how long it will sustain them also I think the will much on dandilon grns whitch you can get at the grocery store, but again I dont know how long it will sustain them.
Is there a pet store near by that sell silks they should have some chow they may be able to sell you some of.

Sux if they all die. But I have fedd them bug burger and they did eat it. i dont know exactly how long it will sustain them also I think the will much on dandilon grns whitch you can get at the grocery store, but again I dont know how long it will sustain them.
Is there a pet store near by that sell silks they should have some chow they may be able to sell you some of.

Yes it would suck greatly cause I haven't been able to get any. Do you think petsmart would sell the chow? It the closest petstore.

Yes it would suck greatly cause I haven't been able to get any. Do you think petsmart would sell the chow? It the closest petstore.

My PetSmart does not sell it lol I doubt yours wouldn't either considering that they do not normally sell silks. But your store could be different and have them because of your location in the country. Worth calling up and asking I suppose.

Is there any food I can buy from a store for silkworms so I don't have to order mulberry? Would they eat my dinofuel/bugburger mixture? I got way too many over count in my last order( not a bad thing) they're eating all the food and Camille is believed to be prego so she's not eating too much ATM:/

grape vine leaves most prefer it to mulberry

Back
Top Bottom