Shower....?

Leedslad88

How many of your guys/gals give your chams a shower and how often?

I have a huge 6ft plant in the bathroom and my chams love nothing more than being perched right at the top taking in the steam! My showerhead has a mist setting and i let them hang out on the plant for around 30 mins.

Arko, my nosy Be shows his full colour range when he is up there, its amazing to watch!!!

Just thought i would mention that its not good practice to put them directly under the shower, just a little mist is good enough! :)

many people at here give there chams showers. I occasionaly do but not very often. I do it with a fake plant like you do and let the steam get them.

Mine get showers about 3x a month. Usually on big cage cleaning days. I will clean while they shower and by the time im done theyve had 20-30 min of shower time each.

That sounds like a good way to keep the guy safe while you clean. I read previous posts about free ranging in a tree outside cleaning but the chance of a predatory bird (which WI has many of) making an expensive hors d' oeurve of my pet makes me want to keep him inside.

I can't stand the thought of running water just for the chameleon for 20 minutes. Maybe water bills aren't so bad in other parts of the country. I wonder if I could just put my chameleon in the bathroom while I shower so I don't waste water? If he doesn't come in contact with the various soaps I use, he should be fine right?

I wonder if my husband would mind a fake vine suspended in the shower... lol.

That sounds like a good way to keep the guy safe while you clean. I read previous posts about free ranging in a tree outside cleaning but the chance of a predatory bird (which WI has many of) making an expensive hors d' oeurve of my pet makes me want to keep him inside.

We have a LOT of those here, too. You won't catch my little guy outside without his cage.

Luckily I don't pay for Water but I actually gave my chams their first "shower" today. The both loved it. I saw some amazing colors on them but I had no plant. I hung a towel on a bar and they just sat there enjoying every minute of it.

Hah i can't wait to give my cham his first shower. Is there an age that might be considered too young? The indirect mist should be safe for any except the tiniest and youngest of chams correct?

Hah i can't wait to give my cham his first shower. Is there an age that might be considered too young? The indirect mist should be safe for any except the tiniest and youngest of chams correct?

I think a 2 month old chameleon is too young to be put into a shower. Then again if it's just mist and not huge drops of water I see no harm. It's just nice warm rainfall :)

Just a tip. The chlorine vapor in showers can be more harmful than drinking the chlorinated water.

You can buy cheap shower filters for about 30$ and last over a year. The good ones are called KDF Filters

For further information, look up KDF (Kinetic Degradation Fluxion) Shower Filters.

They are made with copper and zinc alloys that make most of the harmful stuff in tap water harmless by exchanging electrons with the harmful stuff, and making them harmless.

My customers with skin and lung problems, that persisted for years, tell me their symptoms went away within 1-3 days of using the KDF shower filters. 100% of the time.

Worth it for you and your chameleons :)

That's an interesting point you bring up Brock. When I get my mist king set up I plan on using a supply of RO water from the grocery store. I had never though of the shower mist contaminates.

I suppose though, a shower 2-3x a month wouldn't really be enough exposure to cause any real harm would it?

I could care less what goes into my body but I'm acting like an old paranoid hippy when it come to what I am going to be giving my ch am.

Back
Top Bottom