Shaking legs

bunglon

Hello, I'm new here, just a little concern that my chameleon is shaking a bit when climbing/walking sometimes , is this normal not MBD ? Thank you

Hello, welcome to the forum :) you have found the best place to get information to help you look after your new pet. What species/sex do you have?

Thanks for the reply/video but its not quite like that, more like its shake when try to grab on to leaf or branch. I have a almost 4 months old female Veiled. Thanks for the quick responses

Mine does this too, buddy.

Sadly, it is most likely MBD.

Find a picture of his arms/legs/ribs. Do the arms look like they have two elbows?

Legs and arms should only have one joint and the bones should be almost completely straight, and the ribs.. Well normally the ribs aren't too bad unless MBD is super bad. :(

What is your calcium feeding schedule?

Dust your feeders with NON D3 calcium (lightly) every feeding, and with multivitamins and D3 every 2 weeks for a day.

Oh no , they still can climb if they have mbd ? Yes I do dust it ( find out everything from this forum ) i will post pics later to confirm. What part of ca you from ?

Oh no , they still can climb if they have mbd ? Yes I do dust it ( find out everything from this forum ) i will post pics later to confirm. What part of ca you from ?

Southern California.

I was just saying if it is not the leaf walk, then it is most likely MBD (and if it isn't MBD, it's still bad).

Where did you get the chameleon from? If it's from petco, it probably developed MBD from there. If it's from a breeder, it's probably an irresponsible breeder. Or, how long have you had it? It could have developed MBD due to the incorrect amount of calcium.

And yes, they can still climb. Don't worry, MBD can be reversed (especially if there are no physical signs of it yet, then that's not too serious) in some cases, but if it's really bad, then it can be somewhat fixed and then prevented later. When they can't climb anymore, THAT'S when it's REALLY REALLY REALLY bad and you should REALLY F-ING WORRY.

You might be doing the right thing with the calcium and it may just take a while for him to come back to normal.

@DavidBuchan haha the obligatory care sheet post like always!

Ok thank you for all the responses , maybe once I post the pics you guys can tell if indeed MBD or not. Got it from the past Pomona reptile show.thanks again

Ok thank you for all the responses , maybe once I post the pics you guys can tell if indeed MBD or not. Got it from the past Pomona reptile show.thanks again

We will definitely be able to tell if it is serious or not. If it is not very serious, and you are giving him calcium, he will most likely recover with time :)

Pomona?! I was there! :)
Fairplex, right?

Wasn't too long ago. I walked around with my aunt, step dad, mom, cousin, uncle, and two brothers and we looked at all the little baby chameleons. So cute!
I ended up getting a really neat branch (for quite cheap compared to petco.. ugh.. petco) for my cham right before we left.

Also, what species is your chameleon?

Yes @fairplex , like a kid in candy store? What brand of non d3 calcium is good ?

http://www.amazon.com/Rep-Cal-Calci...&qid=1340939644&sr=8-1&keywords=calcium+no+d3

Try that. Only about 8$ and should last you quite a while.

http://lllreptile.com/store/catalog...um-and-vitamins/-/rep-cal-calcium-without-d3/

Same calcium, different website.

Minerall, exo-terra, and flukers are some other brands that might work. There's some controversy over flukers though. Dunno why.

I haven't been able to find non-d3 calcium in a pet store too much. I did find spray calcium (no d3) in pet smart, though. A lot of people don't like spray calcium though.

Also, I posted you a message on your profile with some info you might find useful.

Haha, fairplex was so much fun. I wanted to grab all the cages and run away with the babies. :p

Hey thanks a lot ,u really a saint

Haha! You're very welcome :D

Hope the calcium thing works out.

EDIT: LLLreptile's calcium is THREE DOLLARS CHEAPER! Get that one. Same calcium, save 3 bucks.

Wow, you don't even live that far away. I can assume the weather is about the same over there, so you shouldn't really have humidity problems too much. :) Unless Monterey Park is a desert.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q...GE&biw=1366&bih=643&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Did you see those crazy clouds today? Covered the entire sky!

If you get the Minerall make sure it is the OUTDOOR formula with no d3. The indoor formula contains d3. Oh and welcome to the forums and chameleon ownership!

Back
Top Bottom