Sexing Of My New Panther

Hello all!

I am a new member to this forum and was hoping someone could help me identify the sex of my Panther Chameleon.
Thank you very much!

Attachments

• IMG_1206.jpg
    IMG_1206.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_1223.jpg
    IMG_1223.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 161
The way to tell is by the tail base when they are young. Colors can distinguish them a little later when they mature. The first pic there is no way to tell what you have. Based on the second pic, even though it is upside down, I would say you have a male. It looks like there is a slight bump which the males have behind their vents on their tails. If you could post a few more pics right side up with the tail extended out, it would be better to help determine for sure.

Thank you

Thank you for the input. I will upload a few more pictures from different angles so you have more information to go on.

Thank you again for your help.

Hello carol5208!!

Thank you for your help in identifying my new Panther Chameleon. "Cornell" is doing well and is growing fast. In fact, he has already shed once. Now that he is a little older, I have taken some recent photos of him. I will try to upload them onto this thread. Please let me know what you think. I tried to focus on the vent area to help you confirm your initial impression of what sex he/she is.
Thank you again for your help on this. I have wanted a chameleon for a long time, and this is my first one. I am really enjoying it.
Cheers,
Gary

Recent (March 28, 2015) Cornell Photos

Here are some more recent photos of my Panther Chameleon.

Attachments

• IMG_1240.jpg
    IMG_1240.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_1242.jpg
    IMG_1242.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_1244.jpg
    IMG_1244.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_1251.jpg
    IMG_1251.jpg